The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

DHart

micek... thanks for that info... no doubt you guys are having one heck of a fun time there! I need to learn more about the Canary Islands.

JGH

Hi all, Looking through the images here im simply blown away with the quality of some. Ones that really are impressive are the dog pics from DHart and Klaus weidermanns. In fact all of his images are simpy outstanding and i wish i had his eye and skill for capturing the wonderful images he creates.
Just one from me. My wife Jana. My third shoot got cancelled at the last minute so as we had everything set up we had our own little shoot.
This is one from my "warm ups". I seem to need 20 ish pics before i get used to positioning and angles etc.

ISO 100 1/180sec F4.6 @70mm

This was the first time i used TTL in manual and it seemed to work out for me ok. I think i will use TTL more often.

Thanks J

:salute:

DHart

JGH... that's an awesome portrait of a very beautiful lady. If I were to edit it myself, I would tone down the brightness on the teeth and increase the brightness and brilliance in the eyes and highlights in the hair. Otherwise, though, I think this is outstanding and the lighting and editing is fantastic.

kweide

Your odour is all over

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 11-22 f2.8, NoNR
ISO 200 @ f3.5, 1/250 second, 19 mm focal length​

JGH

QUOTE=DHart;301841]JGH... that's an awesome portrait of a very beautiful lady. If I were to edit it myself, I would tone down the brightness on the teeth and increase the brightness and brilliance in the eyes and highlights in the hair. Otherwise, though, I think this is outstanding and the lighting and editing is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Hi, i took on board what you said DHart and i never actually noticed just how bright the teeth were. Everytime i looked again all i saw was bright teeth:D. I had to reformat my laptop so it was frustrating not being able to do anything until i had re-installed everything but, its done and i edited the pic and feel it is alot better. Thanks to you DHart for an extra pair of eyes :salute: I increased the exposure in the whites of the eyes by 0.8 of a stop and the teeth down 0.8 of a stop. Its not really noticable (which is good) but i left the hair as i had initially lightened that and pushing it a tad more just seemed to look wrong.

The re-edit

Thanks J

DHart

J... That looks fantastic. Stunningly beautiful woman and a portrait created with great artistic craft. Great.

JGH

Hi all, Just one from me i call it "Black and White Swan".
My wife copied the make up from a picture on the net, put on her wedding dress and we took a ton of photos. It was fun and i loved seeing her in her dress again. She looked beautiful (even with slightly scary make up)
I cannot take credit for the setting in this photo. Klaus Weidermann has given me some pointers as to how he gets his images looking so perfect.
This may not be up to his standards but with some more practice who knows.
Thank you Klaus.

J.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Klaus Weidermann has given me some pointers as to how he gets his images looking so perfect.

Would like to learn that too. Any hints?

Godfrey

Night In Parking Lot #1

Olympus E-1 + Konica 40mm f/1.8
ISO 800 @ f/2.8 @ 1/6 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.