The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

kweide

Faces
from a training sequence full of fun

Olympus E-5 + Summilux 25 mm f1.4, noNR
ISO200 @ f2, 1/20 second, 25 mm focal length​

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
This mono work is absolutely gorgeous ladies and gentlemen, some of the best art work I have seen on the net. I don't use my 4/3's much, but here are a couple of images I did a year or so ago....best, Don

kweide

... just a look ...
and a very soft smile

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50-200SWD, noNR
ISO200 @ f4.5, 1/500 second, 112 mm focal length​

JGH

Hi all,
Was trying out some ideas in low key and it didn't really work out the way i wanted but i managed to get one shot i liked so i thought i would share.

The Clergyman

J. :salute:

Annna T

I have been experimenting on the abstract side with a new 100-300mm Panasonic and I'm curious to know how it worked ? B&W is not so usual for me. I'm always afraid of getting muddy grays.. You can see more of them in the 100-300mm thread.

f6cvalkyrie

Some pictures I shot yesterday in the Grand Beguinage in Leuven.
GH2 with 7-14mm lens
Edited in LR and NIK Silver EFEX

C U soon,
Rafael

jtwloh

I am really impressed by the quality of the shots posted here, taken with M4/3 cameras and lenses. They are bitingly sharp and give a certain rendering that kind of communicate with the viewer.

kweide

I am ready
She will beat me for this picture :)

Olympus E-P1, Lumix 20 mm, noNR
ISO800 @ f1.7, 1/50 second, 20 mm focal length​

Annna T

This is Sarah !

Mmm.. I'm not sure about this portrait, I kind of like this rendering (used Silver Effex), but on the other hand is it right to imitate film with our digital tools ? shouldn't we try to find the best way to use all the possibilities offered by our new tools without looking back ? Or is digital just that : the possibility to imitate every imaginable style ? What do you think ?