The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

kweide

Why not ? The chrystal clear look of an digital camera is not always pleasing or wanted. The typical analog film look gives a special touch of imperfectness to your pictures as well as concentration on details, on statement, if it has one :).

So go for it, use it
Klaus

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Cool nuts and bolts, Turbines.

I like the portrait, Annna. Personally, I do find it more interesting to do the film "look" with film :)

I posted this on the other thread, but since it's b&w, it rather belongs here. The spotless, digital look makes me want to use film the next time I go here though :)

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/3.5

PeterB666

A four-shot panorama in really poor lighting during the middle of the day. A HiTech Pro 10-stopper was used to extend the exposure and flatten the sea and the processing was done to make it look like a late 1800s/early 1900s glass plate photo...

Mimosa Rocks bw o12 by peterb666, on Flickr

Olympus E-P3 and Olympus 12mm f/2

JGH

Hi all, bought a new stripbox and was playing around a bit.
Bth taken at iso 100 F8 @ 180th sec with the 25mm Pancake on the E520.

Thanks J :salute:

JGH

"Those are great, J!"

Thanks, it was a bit hit and miss trying to take self portraits at arms length.
I bought the stripbox for one specific type of picture (which i could do with just window light but i would have the background elements included which i dont want) and the picture is one i have seen by Damien Lovegrove which is a woman lying on a leather sofa and the light coming from behind and above only. Looks fantasic and i want a picture of my wife in this pose. Im also looking into buying a studio strobe as having a modelling light could really be beneficial. Still i enjoy the practice. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

J.