The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Tim

Grove of Moreton Bay Fig trees, Adelaide Botanic Garden, planted 1886.
Taken last Thursday, for a recent competition. I like the guy on his mobile as a counterpoint to the peace and calm of the scene.

Processed and toned in Capture One. 1827 x 1285 px when opened in own window or tab.

Mamiya 645AFD/35N/Aptus 22
I agree I like this one much better composition wise. :thumbup: I know this walk well, its a lovely place we have there!
The PP is so much better on this image, the other ones are muddy and less defined for me.

kweide

Behind the curtain, behind the window...
Yes, it is indeed a bit Like "Film Noir"

Olympus E-5 + Zukio 50 makro, noNR
ISO400 @ f2, 1/50 sec, 50 mm focal length​

f6cvalkyrie

Very nice, Vivek !

Where did you get your Pana GH2 modified ? I'm still looking for a reliable address in the EU !

C U,
Rafael

V

Vivek

Hi Rafael, As I mentioned to you earlier, I modified the G1s, GH-2s, myself. The hacked GH-2 is already quite old. I do not know of any reliable outfits in the EU that do the conversions/mods.

Thanks! :)

V

Vivek

Hi Rafael, As I mentioned to you earlier, I modified the G1s, GH-2s, myself. The hacked GH-2 is already quite old. I do not know of any reliable outfits in the EU that do the conversions/mods.

Thanks! :)
To be crystal clear- I do not do any conversions/hacks, etc as a service. I have no interests/intentions in doing this for money.

Brian Mosley

To be crystal clear- I do not do any conversions/hacks, etc as a service. I have no interests/intentions in doing this for money.
That's fine, will you do it for free? :ROTFL:

Seriously, Vivek did you document the operation? It would be very interesting to see what you had to go through! :)

What's the difference between removing the AA filter/CFA filter for IR and the MM? does the MM have an IR filter over the sensor?

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

Brian,

Rafael gets an old G1 as a loaner. Hopefully, we'll get to see some samples from him in couple of weeks.

No documentation other than what I had posted (opened G1) a few years ago here. It will not be of much use to most- reasons:

1. Some experience is needed to open and deal with the flex cables and such. Not everyone's cup of tea.

2. A lot of experience and knowhow is needed to cut and shape replacement (for the AA/UV/IR stack and the dust shaker) glass.

Can't comment on the MM. I don't have one.

Yes, the Leica MM does have an UV/IR cut filter in place (according to Leica specs). It is not, unfortunately*, a "full spectrum" camera.

* For me that is. For general use it is good to have that filtration otherwise there will be low contrast in the images and other problems. Besides the Leica fans would not even bother to look at it. Too many filters to deal with, including the now famous UV-IR cut filter.

f6cvalkyrie

I'm looking forward to receiving the G1/IR from Vivek, really kind of him to let me use it !

In the mean time, here's a B/W conversion from the OM-D with a Kilfitt Makro-Kilar E 40/2.8
Converted in NIK Silver Efex

Soon, there will be raspberries

C U,
Rafael