The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Godfrey

Most recent with the latest cheap addition to my mongrel assortment of cameras:

Olympus E-PL1 + Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4
ISO 800 @ f/8 @ 1/15 sec

Not a bad little camera for the hundred bux it cost me.

G

JBurnett

Yeah, I know. The reaction of many people (including my wife) to pictures of rocks is "meh". But, somehow, I can't stop myself from taking them. :rolleyes: G3 and PanaLeica 25mm at f/5.6.

Godfrey

Having some fun with an Olympus E-PL1 and a Skink Pinhole lens (for FourThirds SLR adapted with a dumb mount adapter), fitted with f/71 Zone Plate:

Most of these were ISO 1600-3200, with exposure times in the 1/8 to 2.5 seconds range. Hand held camera. Square format chosen in camera, so 13x13mm, and processed in Lightroom 4.4RC.

Thanks for looking! Comments appreciated.

JBurnett

Having some fun with an Olympus E-PL1 and a Skink Pinhole lens (for FourThirds SLR adapted with a dumb mount adapter), fitted with f/71 Zone Plate:
After seeing so much pinhole/holga/instagram CRAP, it's refreshing to see some very nice examples. (Well, maybe not the self-portrait :) , but I really like the others).

Just goes to show it's not the equipment, it's the artist.

Godfrey

Thanks John!

At least it was just my face that was your least favorite .. And I can understand that! With a pinhole, there's no glass to break, eh? :)

Godfrey

I always have my eye open for graffiti. At the museum yesterday, I stopped into the restroom to wash my hands before having some lunch, was about to leave, and this little bit of graffiti caught my eye ...

It sent a chill down my spine. What a message to leave at an art museum!

G