The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

bensonga

A B&W version of a color image I posted earlier today on the Fun with 4/3rds Cameras/Images thread.

I made an 11x14 inch print of it tonight. I may use this image for an upcoming B&W print exchange.

2016 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, Laguna Seca, Group 2B Devin Porsche on the Andretti Turn

Gary

Panasonic GH3 and the 100-300 mm lens

bensonga

Thanks Jorgen. I know you shoot a lot of motorsports and there are probably others here who are also interested in cars, so I'll share this info about it.

I gleaned the fact that it is a "Devin" Porsche 356 from the very comprehensive program I received at the RMMR. I had never heard of a Devin before looking up the basic info on car #356 in the program.

With a quick Google search I found an article about this very car. It was neat to hear about the history of the car in the owner's own words and then find some more information about the pre-restoration state of the car. It was brought back to life, so to speak, by Gary and Rod Emory of Outlaw Porsche fame. They did an amazing job on restoring and improving this beautiful race car.

Bred for the Track, This Devin Porsche Speedster Is Racing Once Again • Petrolicious

GregoryCampbellMysteryCar

Some info about Emory Outlaw Porsches for those who may not be familiar with them. One of our fellow GetDPI members is having a 356 built by Rod Emory now. These are very special cars, for sure.

Rod Emory On Inventing Outlaw Porsche Culture and Carrying On A Legendary Legacy • Petrolicious

Gary

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you for the interesting background story, Gary. The 356 is a special car with a lot of dramatic history attached to it. Unfortunately, I don't get time to shoot motor sports so often anymore. My weekends are mostly claimed by children these days :)

bensonga

Thank you for the interesting background story, Gary. The 356 is a special car with a lot of dramatic history attached to it. Unfortunately, I don't get time to shoot motor sports so often anymore. My weekends are mostly claimed by children these days :)
I have really enjoyed your photos from the race tracks Jorgen, both of the cars and motorcycles and of the people at the track.
I don't have any children myself, but I know they can take up a lot of time, especially when they are young. I have enjoyed your photos of the children too.

Hopefully someday you can take them to the races, if they are interested, and maybe get a few photos of both the motor sports and the kids there to share with us.

Gary

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have really enjoyed your photos from the race tracks Jorgen, both of the cars and motorcycles and of the people at the track.
I don't have any children myself, but I know they can take up a lot of time, especially when they are young. I have enjoyed your photos of the children too.

Hopefully someday you can take them to the races, if they are interested, and maybe get a few photos of both the motor sports and the kids there to share with us.

Gary
Children are fun, but it's a challenge, at least at my age. This is my second batch, and although I didn't participate in the "production stage", the responsibility is the same. I'll hopefully be back at the track in February for the street races in Bang Saen, postponed from November due to the death of King Bhumibol. It's a huge event and very enjoyable.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very impressed by this lens. Very sharp with beautiful OOF rendering. A perfect fit for the GX8. The competition with the Zuiko 75mm will be fierce :)

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 35mm and f/2.8