The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iris flowers - Show your pics

hot

Forgot. Lots of Lightroom and CS4 work done on most of my images. Remove flower imperfections. On this Iris, the top petal had some ugly brown streaks along the edge. I don't strive for reality - prefer perfection. Spot be gone!
Ouuch! I NEVER use time consuming & time killing programs :eek: - nature is NOT perfect (but more perfect than men) - why shall I correct nature?

My pictures are "out of camera", resized with IrfanView - that's all. Spending time with photo manipulation programs is theft of lifetime :D

I don't take a picture in 1/100 sec to process it 15 minutes long :p

hot

This pictures are "out of the camera", no postprocessing, only resized with IrfanView.

G1 + Oly 70-300, no stabilisation, freehand.

"Iris from my garden"

leuallen

Thanks Cindy.

I look for interesting geometry (composition), colors, and light. Not particularly interested in showing the flower faithfully or even what type it is. Everything I shoot now is from my own yard.

The colors are compliments of the G1 with a little help from Lightroom. This camera really delivers.

Larry

Diane B

Beautiful shots, Diane. I am impressed by the picture with Hummer, How did you catch it? Did you use fill in flash?
Peter
Sorry--I missed this question and just came across it.

To be truthful, this was totally an accident. I was testing my Konica 40 f/1.8--it was raining and I was shooting from my porch. I had taken a shot at f/1.8, stopped down to f/2.8--and just as I was about to press the shutter button--I heard the whir in my left ear--and the hummer (Ruby Throated--our only variety) was 'caught'. No flash, a bit of PP, but basically as it was but cropped to suit. I was in A mode so it was 1/200s (not sure what I would have needed to catch it as the iris--the iris is in sharp focus, but the hummer was moving very quickly obviously) and ISO100.

I could never have planned this--I've never seen any of our hummers go to an iris before, but it was raining, the hummers were just back and looking for any port in the storm, I guess. The purple attracted it. Pure luck LOL.

Diane

C

clemo

Dear Peter,im a new member and am very interested to buy the Panasonic G1 camera.Like yourself i have the Kern Macro Switar 50mm, 1;9 lense and would like to buy the adaptor to attatch to the camera. Do you know where i could buy one or if not the brand name and code details for it ? The flowers are beautiful.. Many thanks, regards Clemo

Dear Peter,im a new member and am very interested to buy the Panasonic G1 camera.Like yourself i have the Kern Macro Switar 50mm, 1;9 lense and would like to buy the adaptor to attatch to the camera. Do you know where i could buy one or if not the brand name and code details for it ? The flowers are beautiful.. Many thanks, regards Clemo
Clemo, I bought this Alpa-Refelex to Leica M adapter many years ago on ebay. It was supposed to couple with the M rangefinder but did not. I kept it nevertheless for use on the R and now the G1 by means of more adapters. It was made in Japan some years ago and I do not know if the firm who made them still exists and still makes them. I suggest a Google search and / or posting on some more leica-related fora.
Good luck and let me know if you find one
Cheers
Peter

f6cvalkyrie

Today, not iris flowers, but iris leafs after a heavy rainshower :

G1 with kitlens 14-45mm @ 45mm iso400 f9.0 1/160sec

CU,
Rafael

Diane B

Our German and Siberian irises are done, but the Japanese irises are just blooming. Sadly, we have had so much hard rain (this is our 7th day--some of it torrential), that the blooms are suffering. this is the only one that wasn't beaten over in the first blooming. I love Japanese irises--they have a 'butterfly' feeling abou them. I don't remember this one's name (captured in between the hard showers, but surprisingly without any rain drops).

G1/45-200 97mm f/5.0 1/125s ISO 400

Diane

scho

We are late to the party with out Iris blooms. Here is the first "plain Jane" that came out today. Canon FD 50mm f/1.2