The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iris flowers - Show your pics

Michiel Schierbeek

I was talking about the lens actually
Michiel, Here a search that will bring up a Switars:

http://photography.shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQLHQ5fPrefLocZ2QQ_dmdZ1QQ_dmptZCameraQ5fLensesQQ_sopZ1?_nkw=alpa+switar+&_sacat=625&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=alpa+switar+-(robocop%2C+phi%2C+%22lapel+pin%22%2C+mexico%2C+jet%2C+omega%2C+dec%2C+bottle%2C+malt%2C+moda%2C+francovka%2C+sweater%2C+airline%2C+pilots%2C+knitwear%2C+cheese%2C+alpine%2C+franzbranntwein%2C+beer%2C+grinder%2C+eucerin%2C+bains%2C+aviation%2C+chalet%2C+watch)&_osacat=625

1) The 50/1.9 is the later, much improved version. Do not go for the 50/1.8 and make certain it is the MACRO version. I saw only two 1.9 Macros at prices near $1,500

2) Even more difficult to find than the lens is the adapter. They were made many years ago in Japan, I do not think the firm who made them still exists. I found a single lens with M adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPA-KERN-MACRO-SWITAR-50mm-1-8-AR-w-LEICA-L-M-adapter_W0QQitemZ120395458431QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item1c0820e77f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

but it is the 1.8 version. Unless the seller agrees to sell you the adapter alone (you can always try) you would have to buy th 1.8 plus adapter, a separate 1.9 and re-sell the 1.8 to have the best.

Note that the rangefinder coupling to the M usually does not work. I had the combination for years without being able to use it before buying the G1.

Hope this helps
Peter

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Peter,

This lens looks temting but (to) expensive and hard to adapt. I will stay allert, sometimes you run into things by surprise.
I did not know about these lenses and their connection to Alpa.
Thanks anyhow for looking into it.

Greetings, Michiel

scho

Some Siberian Blues and another "plain Jane". Taken with G1+Tachihara+homemade adapter back+Rodenstock APO Sironar-S 135mm f/5.6

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Found some Irises on the side of a country road.
G1 and Canon 50 f/1.2 ltm wide open

Last edited: