The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus G.Zuiko 70mm f/2 lens for the G1

monza

I kinda figured that would be the answer. :) I've been enjoying the Pen lenses on the G1 for a while (thanks Vivek) but enjoy them even more, with the new Hawk adapter. Focus scale is in the proper location now, and the lenses are easy to remove without the flange unscrewing.

V

Vivek

The day the G1 reached me, the first to get fitted was the Zuiko Macro 38/3.5 (easy as it was a direct fit). It still is one of my all time favorites for the m4/3rds.

Here is a macro shot of this strange flower (it grows along dandelions):

It glows under UV (blacklight) to give this beautiful (visible light) fluorescence:

Godfrey

Nice portrait, Vivek. Is the 42 worth the extra speed over the 40?
Not basing this on personal experience, but most of the people I know who had the 42/1.2 always told me that the 40/1.4 was a better performer. Sure is neat thing to have the option, but I'm happy with the 40. :)

Godfrey

The day the G1 reached me, the first to get fitted was the Zuiko Macro 38/3.5 (easy as it was a direct fit). It still is one of my all time favorites for the m4/3rds.

Here is a macro shot of this strange flower (it grows along dandelions):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3497592085_d328d908e4_o.jpg

It glows under UV (blacklight) to give this beautiful (visible light) fluorescence:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3510270230_e062fa5ef4_o.jpg
Very nice!

I have the Olympus ZD 35/3.5 Macro, it is of similar quality. Olympus makes darn nice lenses, always have. :)

V

Vivek

Not basing this on personal experience, but most of the people I know who had the 42/1.2 always told me that the 40/1.4 was a better performer. Sure is neat thing to have the option, but I'm happy with the 40. :)
Yes, that is exactly what I heard as well.

Focus and metering (very important for fast lenses) can be achieved more accurately on G1 and this demonstrated to me that the 42/1.2 is one fine lens.

These are very basic factors but needed G1's liveview and metering to realize them.

monza

I think that's true. I can get the Pen F focused pretty accurately most of the time at wide apertures, but the G1 is in an entirely different league. Since the 42/1.2 was only usable on the Pen bodies until recently maybe it didn't get a fair shake back in the day...

40/1.4 with 6mm extension tube, Velvia

V

Vivek

One key thing to look for in the 42/1.2 lens is the absence of any traces of "cloudiness". There is one cemented pair in the front group that is prone to de-cementing. When that happens, one loses speed and sharpness.

This propensity for de-cementing of the 42/1.2 is kind of unique among all of pen F lenses.