The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 Built in flash Problem

Q

quaman26

Hi All

I am having a problem with my G1's built in flash. Basically, it doesn't work regardless of which mode I put the camera in even if I set it to "Forced Flash". When I press the shutter, the flash icon would blink red and won't fire. I have tried recharging the battery to full cause the manual says a blinking red icon means the flash is still charging so I thought maybe the battery didn't have enough juice. But still the same after recharging the battery.

Has anyone seen this before ? Any settings that I may have accidentally changed that caused this ? Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you

Diane B

I remember seeing just a few issues along these lines when the G1 first came out. As I recall, they had to send the camera in. I don't use the onboard flash so can't comment on that.

I'm assuming that you have raised the flash though. That was a problem for several people--expecting the flash to raise and go off--but hadn't actually physically raised the flash. You must do this first.

Diane

Q

quaman26

Yes I did raise the flash. It was working fine the other day and the problem just started last night.