Site Sponsors

Thread: A few with the Macro Switar 75/1.9....

Post Thanks / Like

A few with the Macro Switar 75/1.9....

I hesitated a long time to buy this because it is usually out of my personal price range at this point, but then I got one for the entry bid on ebay and I am glad I bought it. Here just a few more quick shots from today at the farmers' market in Honolulu (already posted some in the 50mm thread). I sometimes found it hard to focus because it was very bright outside and I wished I had a larger eyepiece for the viewfinder. I still have to 're-learn' manual focusing and not hiding behind the superzoom lens, but it is a lot of fun. These are jpgs, only automatic sharpening and contrast in Picasa applied. I'd love to hear comments, I'm here to learn.

Stefan

Ranger 9

Re: A few with the Macro Switar 75/1.9....

Well, in general they look terrific -- although it's hard to tell how much of that is down to the lens, how much down to Picasa's auto-sharpen and auto-contrast, how much down to appealing subject matter, and how much down to a good eye... mostly the last, I suspect.

Obviously you weren't having much trouble with manual focusing on these shots!

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A few with the Macro Switar 75/1.9....

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I hesitated a long time to buy this because it is usually out of my personal price range at this point, but then I got one for the entry bid on ebay and I am glad I bought it. Here just a few more quick shots from today at the farmers' market in Honolulu (already posted some in the 50mm thread). I sometimes found it hard to focus because it was very bright outside and I wished I had a larger eyepiece for the viewfinder. I still have to 're-learn' manual focusing and not hiding behind the superzoom lens, but it is a lot of fun. These are jpgs, only automatic sharpening and contrast in Picasa applied. I'd love to hear comments, I'm here to learn.

Stefan
    Stefan - you've pushed me over. I'm going to have to get one of these lenses, if I can find one

Manual focus on the G1 gets easier the more you use it. I didn't think I would ever go back to manual - now it is my normal way of operating

Keith