The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Early One Morning (playing with an E620)

jonoslack

Hi

dunno if that helps your thinking much ...
HI There
Certainly interesting, I had a G1, and I have a number of Leica lenses which worked pretty well with it (but not as well as on the Leica!)

The biggest trouble was RAW support - I use Aperture . . . and also Capture One, I really don't want to use anything else. Until the last update of .dng converter you couldn't even convert G1 files to a dng file that Aperture would use. . (at least, not with the camera specific lenses). . . and I didn't like the EVF, or the lack of sensor stabilisation in the body.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the G1, and there were ways around all the issues (which were, after all, personal to me), but it was a hassle, and the point of the small camera was the lack of hassle.

As you can see, the G1 might be perfect for some, but the odds were building up against it! The Olympus m/43 will certainly address some of those issues . . . whether it's all of them remains to be seen.

pellicle

Jono

The biggest trouble was RAW support - I use Aperture . . . and also Capture One, I really don't want to use anything else. Until the last update of .dng
I know ... I'd just got into a flow with my (ancient) 10D files that I liked and wham ... lucky for me I use photomatix for a lot of stuff now (even only single files) and then throw that into photoshop.

RAW ... can't live without it ... can't live with it!

Don't get me wrong ...
(which were, after all, personal to me) ...
G1 might be perfect for some, but ...
sure ... its the personal differences which are important ... heck I'd hate us to all be driving bloody travants.

:)