The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus picture leak

monza

Don't forget the original Pen saw huge increase in sales to females: "After the launch of Pen EE, sales amongst female buyers jumped from 2 to 33 percent." Can't fault them for targeting an expanded market. :)

R

Ranger 9

The white one has the beige insert, and the white-leather strap has a coordinating beige inner surface, which would work with the flesh tones. Add a red lens cap for a pop of color, and you're as stylin' as Jimmy Choo.

Remember what Stacy London says -- "It doesn't match, it goes." Don't want to be all matchy-matchy, now, do we?

R

Ranger 9

Newsflash: Garance Doré loves white and tan! Talk about marketing synergies...

... I would love to know what Garance thinks of the Olympus!

R

Ranger 9

Garance is definitely a "she"!!!

Pretty much the quintessence of Parisian feminity; also a pretty darn good street-fashion shooter, plus she can draw.

I suspect she'd think Olympus was trying too hard, but I'd still love to hear her opinion.

Godfrey

Finally a picture of the back of the camera!

Looks like they did an excellent job. I'm sold...

Now to wait.

V

Vivek

There is a slim hope that the LCD/TFT screen on the back can be lifted up and could be turned. If that is the case, I am in.

I'll buy the aluminum version and send it to Robert to paint it black! :ROTFL:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Don't forget the original Pen saw huge increase in sales to females: "After the launch of Pen EE, sales amongst female buyers jumped from 2 to 33 percent." Can't fault them for targeting an expanded market. :)
I have asked my wife if she would allow me to get a sex change - to see if it could induce me to buy one. Like Vivek I'm excited by the straps. I am going to get a white camera with tan trim, tan half case, and a plum strap.

R

Ranger 9

I have asked my wife if she would allow me to get a sex change - to see if it could induce me to buy one. Like Vivek I'm excited by the straps. I am going to get a white camera with tan trim, tan half case, and a plum strap.
We've all been having a lot of fun with this... but let's face it, I'll bet ya a donut that the US distributor only offers the chrome-and-black one.

And I wonder whether there are separate part numbers for the "outfits" that differ only in lens-cap color. Or maybe the lens cap is a separate purchase, which would make more sense, for once... you could buy all three colors and choose the one that fits your mood that day.

R

Ranger 9

There is a slim hope that the LCD/TFT screen on the back can be lifted up and could be turned. If that is the case, I am in.
If that LCD can be lifted and turned, it'll be great, because then you'll be able to photograph flying pigs without getting a crick in your neck.

(Okay, you did say slim...)

I'll buy the aluminum version and send it to Robert to paint it black!
Maybe the way to go would be to get the white version and send it out to have the "leather" grip redone in pink. Just think, it would be theft-resistant -- what street tough is going to be caught running away with a pink-and-white camera?

V

Vivek

Maybe the way to go would be to get the white version and send it out to have the "leather" grip redone in pink. Just think, it would be theft-resistant -- what street tough is going to be caught running away with a pink-and-white camera?
Darn! In that case I would have liked a gold plated version with 50 Years Anniversary engraved in Platinum.

A nice presentation case would not hurt either...