The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Favorite lenses for mFT

H

hsertic

Hi all,

I'm looking to expand my lens collection for G1. I'm interested in all sorts of quality glass. I have seen excellent examples here, fantastic pictures taken with old lenses.

Therefore, I'm asking you to share experience. Which are your's favorite lenses? Which lenses do you use most on mFT? Which lenses are worth getting? Which adapters would you recommend?

Please write details about the lens and adapter you are using.

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Hrvoje Sertic

hot

For G1 I have originally only 14-45, but I also use Oly 45-150, Oly 9-18, Oly 70-300 (with Pana adapter) and my (very old) Konica lenses.

I think to buy Konica-mFT and CanonEOS-mFT adapters.

V

Vivek

I have never considered a camera more than a black box, until the G1.

I use dozens of lenses for the G1. Any one will do.

The G1 is more of a favorite than any lenses (this is coming from someone who has hundreds of lenses for many systems and formats)!:)

RonSmith

In addition to the 14-45 kit lense and the Olympus 25/2.8, my basic kit is shown below. I have a Voigtlander adapter for Leica M to m4/3, and also just got a Rayqual Nikon F to m4/3 adapter from Japan Exposure.

The G1 may not be the best picture taking machine ever invented by mankind, but it's more fun than I have had in years of photography.

H

hsertic

In addition to the 14-45 kit lense and the Olympus 25/2.8, my basic kit is shown below. I have a Voigtlander adapter for Leica M to m4/3, and also just got a Rayqual Nikon F to m4/3 adapter from Japan Exposure.

Hi Ron,

Many thanks for answering.

That's quite a basic kit :) How do Leica lenses behave on G1? Do you have any experience with wides (wider than 35mm)? Which lens do you use most? (I won't ask which is the best :) ).

Kind regards,

Hrvoje

E

ekso

For G1 I have originally only 14-45, but I also use Oly 45-150, Oly 9-18, Oly 70-300 (with Pana adapter) and my (very old) Konica lenses.

I think to buy Konica-mFT and CanonEOS-mFT adapters.
Have a look at RJ or jinfinance on ebay. He has good adaptors and recently brought out the Konica adaptor that does not require moedification of the lens.

If you are into Canon Lens, why EOS(EF) over the old FD lenses ?