The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

panasonic g1 bag

back alley

i normally dislike bags made by camera manufacturers but i sorta like the looks of this one.

has anyone seen one up close or bought one and tried it out?

i'd love to hear some feedback about it.

joe

back alley

from the panasonic site...is it canvas?

This camera bag with an impressive contrast of red and black is stylish and incorporates a fastener that opens and closes with ease. Movable partitions are provided inside. The camera bag can accommodate the DMC-G1 with a lens mounted to it, interchangeable lenses, and external flashes.

B

Bill Wilby

"from the panasonic site...is it canvas?"

No, there is no canvas, the red you see is leather. The bag is very comfortable because of the narrow width. Bill

pellicle

Hi

i normally dislike bags made by camera manufacturers but i sorta like the looks of this one.
well, some years ago a friend advised me that if I want to attract camera thieves to I use a name brand bag. So I have a longish tradition of diy-ing bags

Here in Finland bought a canvas "gas mask" bag from the local shop for about 5 euro and put a few partitions made of sliced up closed cell camping mat inside (held together with gaffa tape .. naturally). Works a treat and weighs next to nothing. I made something similar out of bubble wrap and gaffer tape back in 1987 for my brick portable CD player when I was a sound technician and it outlasted my player (which lasted for 5 years of porting around in the pannier bag of my motorbike....)

I'd have to go to a nappy carry bag to have anything less attractive ....