The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Having fun with the E-P1

jonoslack

Hi there - I thought this could be a thread for everyone to chip in when they arrive.

Mine came this morning Many thanks to London Camera Exchange in Norwich, to Hannah and to Dave.:clap::clap:

Battery charging, no pics yet, but I'm off to a wedding this afternoon where I am NOT the photographer, so I'll have some fun with the E-P1

D

ddk

Why am I not surprised. Really looking forward to your report on this one Jono!

jonoslack

Thanks David
Just in case you didn't believe I really had it . . . as I can't take a picture with it, here is a picture of it . . . with the 50-200 aboard of course :ROTFL:

Brian Mosley

Hi monza - I thought I'd already answered that one... the Lumix adapter works fine.

Congratulations Jono - do LCE supply Lumix lenses? I'm thinking the 7-14 would be nice ;)

p.s. did you get the flash? it works really well on an Olympus extension chord - no need to worry about bounce flash.

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8 pancake
1/60s f/2.8 at 17.0mm iso200

...and remember, *every* 4/3rds lens gets stabilised full auto focus support!

E-P1 + 8mm fisheye lens
1/60s f/3.5 at 8.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Last edited:

Godfrey

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with it. :)

My piggy bank is lookin' pretty sad these days but I have a feeling it's gonna be bacon and ribs soon. =8^0

Brian Mosley

Brian which kit did you buy?
Terry, this one was sent directly to me by Olympus... you did right ordering the 17mm pancake kit - the Lumix 14-45 you already have will work fine... and is much smoother and quieter to focus for video.

I tried the 45-200mm lumix today on the E-P1... much better than I expected!

Cheers

Brian

monza

That was my experience, too...the Lumix is smoother/quieter than the Oly kit zoom.

Brian is the body only available in the UK?

Terry

Terry, this one was sent directly to me by Olympus... you did right ordering the 17mm pancake kit - the Lumix 14-45 you already have will work fine... and is much smoother and quieter to focus for video.

I tried the 45-200mm lumix today on the E-P1... much better than I expected!

Cheers

Brian
Yes,
I feel like I will have a full kit with back up.
G1 + E-P1
7-14, 14-45, 45-200, 17

The only other thing I would get is the 50 macro but I'm not sure how Oly is giving CDAF for that lens and it won't CDAF on G1. :angry:

scho

Yes,
G1 + E-P1
7-14, 14-45, 45-200, 17

The only other thing I would get is the 50 macro but I'm not sure how Oly is giving CDAF for that lens and it won't CDAF on G1. :angry:
Is the Panasonic 40(?)mm macro still in the works or was that just vaporware?

Diane B

Hi there - I thought this could be a thread for everyone to chip in when they arrive.

Mine came this morning Many thanks to London Camera Exchange in Norwich, to Hannah and to Dave.:clap::clap:

Battery charging, no pics yet, but I'm off to a wedding this afternoon where I am NOT the photographer, so I'll have some fun with the E-P1
Okay, waiting to see what you think of it, how you use it and get on with it--and what lenses you might use besides the 17 (which I assume is the kit you bought). I'm way on the fence with this one--but want to have open mind about it. Its so unlikely I would ever get to put my hands on one without actually ordering it that I'm going to rely on others' feelings about it--and I'm in no hurry at all about getting one.

Diane

Brian Mosley

Yes,
G1 + E-P1
7-14, 14-45, 45-200, 17

That's a great set of lenses for range... do you have something long and fast? I took an 85mm f1,8 on the street today - that worked great at f2.8 and f4 on the E-620 and E-P1.

Cheers

Brian

MoJo

Registred Users
Yes, Jono, can't wait to hear your full report on this baby, especially the file quality.

Josef

C

Chuck A

Okay, waiting to see what you think of it, how you use it and get on with it--and what lenses you might use besides the 17 (which I assume is the kit you bought). I'm way on the fence with this one--but want to have open mind about it. Its so unlikely I would ever get to put my hands on one without actually ordering it that I'm going to rely on others' feelings about it--and I'm in no hurry at all about getting one.

Diane
I'm with you Diane. I don't think that I will be able to see one of these without buying it. The hands on reviews from this site will be my eyes, fingers and ears when it comes to this one. I too am really on the fence.

If it had a removable vf like the GX100/200 I would be more inclined. It is certainly not a deal breaker though. Please tell me if the 17mm is a decent lens. I am reading differing opinions on this. I shoot mostly with a prime in the 40mm range so the 17mm would work for me if it is not a dud.

I am also seriously looking at the white one. Has anybody worked with one? It only comes with the kit zoom in the US. Have to buy the 17mm separately.

Anyway,
Thanks for your input.:thumbs:

Chuck A

Terry

That's a great set of lenses for range... do you have something long and fast? I took an 85mm f1,8 on the street today - that worked great at f2.8 and f4 on the E-620 and E-P1.

Cheers

Brian
Well I actually forgot a lens....ooops I also have the 25 lux.

For fast and long I don't have anything in m4/3 but I do have a wonderful Voigtlander 75 f2.5 and I have my whole Sony kit which includes the amazing Zeiss 135 f1.8.