The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Having fun with the E-P1

Terry

Thanks frozen in time. Clearly my favorite as well. Don't love the jpeg...waiting for RAW support!

Joan

Looking very good so far! Anxious to see more from this little cam.

Terry, will also chime in with an "atta girl" for your bridge shot, brilliant.
How do you find working with the LCD? Your 50 lux looks great on the E-P1, what a nice combo for low light shooting, eh?

Terry

The monochrome on this camera has seriously caught my eye! The full set (link in this thread) from the person at DPreview is outstanding.

Terry

Can't resist....Brian Mosely asked for a side shot so I posted this on DPReview:

If feels really good on the camera. I'm taking it with me today and will test it out as a portrait lens at work. LOL

durrIII

Terry, Love your images of the Gate. I, too am interested in the black and whites. Where is the link that you mentioned? thanks, Durr

durrIII

Yes, I saw his images. Very nice. Terry, I would love to see your shot of the guy, his kite and the Golden Gate when you process the raw image. I love it like it is but want to see what you do to it. BTW, which M adapter did you get? Thanks, Durr

Last edited:

nostatic

Stop it. I can't afford another camera right now, let alone another system.

You are all EVIL. Evil, I tell ya...

kweide

I was unsure... white or silver.... okay i will go for silver
17mm pancake. Leica adapter to fit my 90 mm cron and the 4/3 adapter as well. Now i have to wait until the first E-P1 will arrive in Hamburg.

monza

Olympus left the store three demo E-P1s to play with, I'm going to try one out with a Canon 50/0.95 today and will post some shots. :)

pellicle

Hi

Last night. The histogram of this shot was a surprise. Nothing even close to blowing. Straight from the camera. Histogram below.

Now this is impressive DR

well, to me at least I don't see anything in that image which I would expect to blow, it seems quite soft light (speaking as an Australian where we have more challenging light).

How does it compare to the G1 with same lens / settings?

Last edited:

monza

I tested the Pana 14-45, it is much smoother/quieter than the 14-42 Olympus in my quick test. I did not shoot any video to measure the noise level however, this was just what I noticed when focusing. I can do more tests today.