The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anybody shooting Macro's with G1? Share your best.

JerryMK

And tell us what you used to get these Macro's. I am curious on what equipment and settings used. All tips are welcome!

Lets kick off...

G1, FD adapter, Tokina ATX 90mm, F360 external flash
ISO 100, 1/160sec, f/5.6

G1, FD adapter, Tokina ATX 90mm, ATX Macro Extender, F360 external flash
ISO 200, 1/640sec, f/8

G1, FD adapter, Canon FD 100mm, FD 50mm Extender, F360 external flash
ISO 100, 1/160sec, f/11

Who's next...?

V

Vivek

Close-ups and not "macros".

A custom made 12.5mm f/1.4 lens, c-mount extension, G1.

this one with an Olympus Pen F 38/3.5.

JerryMK

Hi Vivek, great shots! I really love the last one, and the first is also nice. Looks like the bee is following the path :)

How is the Olympus Pen mounted on your G1?

Diane B

I haven't tried many macros yet, but here's one early on with the G1/FD 50 f/1.8 and 12mm extension tube--weeping cherry buds with rain drop

Another with FD 50 f/1.8 and 12 and 20mm extension tubes stacked (echinacea)

and another with the FD 135 f/2.8 and 25mm extension tube fiddlehead from Christmas fern--just emerging. I didn't have a black board or cloth, so put my Domke 3Xb (black) behind it.

OH, forgot this gross one LOL---I was getting ready to throw out the dog's water from a stainless steel bowl and saw the reflection of the flying bug. Taken with the 45-200

I have quite a lot of closeups--some taken with extension tubes, a few tried with Cokin macro but not many actual macros.

Diane

btrancho

Salvia - Zuiko 35mm macro

Marigold - Zuiko 35mm macro

Sugar Snap Pea tendril - Zuiko 35mm macro

I''d really like to see see a "native" 4/3rds macro lens from either Panasonic or Oly, along with a matching extension tube set.

JerryMK

@Milapse: That Sigma is doing a nice job. What mount is that one?

@Diane: looks like you know how to handle the extension tubes in combination with the native fd lenses. What shooting distance do you get?

@Btanco: Wow looks like I have to get myself a Zuiko 35mm. Man I love the sharpness and brilliance there.

Terry

I posted these a couple of months ago. When fully open these flowers are less than an inch across....

V

Vivek

A couple of snaps using a 36/1.4 Macro Switar.

From the front yard ( an obviously sick pigeon that has taken refuge for now):

(f/1.4, ISO100)

from the back yard.

(f/2.8, ISO400)