Site Sponsors

Thread: RJ camera FD adaptor review

Post Thanks / Like

RJ camera FD adaptor review

Hi

well ... not that I'm any expert, but here is my quick review on the RJ adaptor compared to the Ciecio7 one.

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2009/06...d-adaptor.html

its a nice bit of gear and nicely made. The Ciecio7 one is more simple but does the job for less money. Other than that I can't say more

:-)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RJ camera FD adaptor review

Thanks Pellicle. Interesting--I liked the point you made about extension tubes as that's a PITA. I have the Cameraquest/Rayqual FD adaptor BTW.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Smile Re: RJ camera FD adaptor review

Hello Diane B and Pellicle,

R.J. in Shanghai just asked me to post the following message on his behalf:

"I made quite a few new G1 adapters now... and working on a few last 'stronghold' :-) (Contax G to m4/3 and Nikon S / Contax RF to m4/3 etc...)

for the FD-G1 adapter... I was not aware of this blog... (although I provided a sample to Chris :-)

the infinity issue could be solved by simply tightening the 3 small (philips?) screws on the lens side of the adapter... You should be able to tighten them by 3/4 to 1 turns... (note it's important to tighten all of the 3)... and that should make the difference...

Actually, I have difficulty to access that blog page... can you post this comment for me, Dr. :-)

Thanks again...

best,

R.J."

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Leica 77 View Post
    Hello Diane B and Pellicle,

R.J. in Shanghai just asked me to post the following message on his behalf:

"I made quite a few new G1 adapters now... and working on a few last 'stronghold' :-) (Contax G to m4/3 and Nikon S / Contax RF to m4/3 etc...)

for the FD-G1 adapter... I was not aware of this blog... (although I provided a sample to Chris :-)
    odd that he would say that, as I when I asked if he would be so kind as to supply me one for testing I specifically asked with the expressed intention of putting it on my blog. I also offered to pay for return postage as well as to fully credit his kindness on my blog (which I have).

Further I have communicated with Jin about this and even posted PDF's of him when he has suggested the that he could not read the blog (perhaps due to the great [fire]wall of china)

I've had email from Jin this morning about the blog and he's asked me the same thing. I'll give it a go straight after lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

ok ... I've added some post scriptum to publish the findings from checking the adaptor for tightness as asked for by Jin

however I would like to respond to the comments above by adding that I have not been given this adaptor as a gift. I accept no payments and in fact I will be paying the postage to return the adaptor.

Jin's investment in this was the price of the postage in loaning me the adaptor and his trust that I will not steal or damage it. In return I promised to credit his kindness.

In no way do I intentionally bias what I write to satisfy anyone. I try my best to impartially and objectively write what I see.

Further, my blog has no advertising on it (although doubtlessly I could benefit from using google ads) because I wish to be seen to be publishing my own views truthfully and not be seen as a mouth piece of advertisers.

In future I'll just buy one and not have anyone make oblique accusations at me.