The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

25mm c-mount vignetting shootout

V

Vivek

Jonas, It gets even more complicated as the number of glass plates (and their thickness) in front of the sensors get to be huge factor. A lot of mush is generated from these and exacerbate any aberrations inherent in the lenses.

Jonas

Jonas, It gets even more complicated as the number of glass plates (and their thickness) in front of the sensors get to be huge factor. A lot of mush is generated from these and exacerbate any aberrations inherent in the lenses.
Oh yes. But I don't think the filters of all sorts does much for optical vignetting MrFanny asked about (except for add to the blur in general).

The smearing is another thing. There was an, to me, interesting post by Alex over at FMForums discussing a (Hasselblad) way of measuring the lens' pupils and then relate the result to the risk of smearing. I don't know exactly what bearing this has to our 4/3 and µ4/3 cameras. I would like to see the numbers for the CV15mm.

MRfanny

Hey thanks guys for clearing it up for me at a beginner level..ha I thought i was talking crazy talk for a moment there.

That link you posted up Jonas has got me interested in it now. I particularly like the swirls from the Biotar and even the Helio's too. Seems like the finer smaller objects in great numbers like small flowers,grass,pebbles make me dizzy the most. Those shots with the larger objects like bigger leaves and such in relation to the object in focus look wonderful.

So what kind of adapter would i need to mount a biotar or helios to a gh1? Or any suggestions to a c-mount with this characteristic? should i start a new thread?

cheers.

Jonas

Hey thanks guys for clearing it up for me at a beginner level..ha I thought i was talking crazy talk for a moment there.

(...)

So what kind of adapter would i need to mount a biotar or helios to a gh1? Or any suggestions to a c-mount with this characteristic? should i start a new thread?
Hmm. Yes, swirly bokeh can be nice. But...
The lenses you mention are made for FF cameras. There isn't much left of the effect if you use the center quarrter of the image only. I guess, no absolute knowledge here, that you are better off looking for some good C-mount lens with this character.

Yup, I would start a new thread. I hope you can find something!

/Jonas

S

seb33

Yes. Cleaning is good not only for the contrast but for the speed! If you have a less than crystal clear 0.95 lens, the speed will not be that but more in the range of ~f/1.2!

On the question of "if they are worth it"? only you can decide!

Here is a shot through the Senko 25/0.95 (not as fast as the Navitar 25/0.95 though both samples are brand new!). As shot- with no crops in camera or outside the camera.

100% crop.

It is not only the focus that is important but also the exposure- in particular when one is using super fast lenses. For hand-held shots, I would recommend atleast 1/250s shutter speed (assuming there is little subject motion).
Do you have to modify the lens to fit to the C mount adapter or is it ok directly ? Thank you

V

Vivek

Do you have to modify the lens to fit to the C mount adapter or is it ok directly ? Thank you

Did not notice that until now. As I have posted a while ago, no mods needed. Direct fit on an RJ adapter with infinity focus.

toggen

Hi! Could you please tell about the differences between
Angenieux M1, and Angenieux B&H? ( Sharpness and Bokeh )
I have the Angenieux B&H …and love it!
Cheers,T