The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Before Pride - San Francisco 2009

Diane B

I was surprised that the one that drew me back to look at it several times was the one of the policeman and the man looking at each other at the outdoor cafe. The composition particularly, but the interaction that seems to be happening, the colors--all draw me into this one.

Diane

Terry

Godfrey,
I like the set. Seems so quiet before the million people descend on Market Street. Marriage was definitely a theme of the day in the groups that I saw. (Still can't believe CA passed prop 8). I think the (I presume) homeless guy has been hanging out on Market since I lived here before (2000-2003) and worked right around there.

Godfrey

thank you both for looking and commenting!

Always interesting to hear what photos resonate with people.

It was a good morning's walk, I made about 125-130 exposures of which this seemed a cohesive set. It's amazing how important editing is! :)

Diane B

I liked the whole set--and liked your embedded one, but there were 3 others that caught my eye--the one of the seated man in the cafe, the woman walking toward you and the walking man with the bag over his shoulder--lots of energy in that and the woman.

Diane