The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lenses and adapters for E-P1?

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks, Diane.
I've also found that my late father-in-law had a Konica Autoreflex T3 which has a Konica Hexagon AR 50 mm f/1.4 and an AR 28mm f/3.5 -- so the direct to m4/3rds would be an idea for them.
I'll check out this 40mm f/1.8 tomorrow -- Fr 5.0 can't be bad!
Hello Robert,

Here is a link to a description page of the Hexanon AR lenses;
http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eHexanonUebersicht.html

The 50/1.7 is supposed to be the best of the 50mm lenses. The 40mm is great for the price to be paid and it fits so well.
The 57mm/1.2 is a gem but rather expensive these days.
The 135/3.2 seems to be the best of the three 135mm lenses also due to it's close focus possibilitys, I believe.

Then there is of course a whole range of M42 lenses.
Kind regards, Michiel

Brian Mosley

Robert, I've got a fair range of Konica Hexanon AR lenses - all converted to 4/3rds format... I have a gallery of example images here :

Gallery of example images for Hexanon Lenses

The most important thing, is to make sure you're getting one in excellent condition - these are old lenses, and you don't want to end up with a heavily worn one.

Kind Regards

Brian

Robert Campbell

Robert, I've got a fair range of Konica Hexanon AR lenses - all converted to 4/3rds format... I have a gallery of example images here :

Gallery of example images for Hexanon Lenses

The most important thing, is to make sure you're getting one in excellent condition - these are old lenses, and you don't want to end up with a heavily worn one.

Kind Regards

Brian
Thanks, Brian; interesting.

Had a look today, and picked up the 40mm f/1.8 Hexanon AR.

I'd like to get the mount converted to 4/3rds [I already have the micro 4/3 adaptor]. Where can I get this done in the UK? -- there don't seem to be any Konica AR -> 4/3 adaptors available, only to micro 4/3.

PeterB666

Thanks, Brian; interesting.

Had a look today, and picked up the 40mm f/1.8 Hexanon AR.

I'd like to get the mount converted to 4/3rds [I already have the micro 4/3 adaptor]. Where can I get this done in the UK? -- there don't seem to be any Konica AR -> 4/3 adaptors available, only to micro 4/3.
The Konica AR mount to film plane distance is 40.7mm while Four Thirds is 38.67mm. That only leaves 2.07mm for the adapter which isn't enough.

Can anyone elaborate on this statement about 28mm and wider being not so great? I'm considering a Voigtlander 25mm.

Hi, I have a 25 f4 Voigtlander that shows smeared corners, must be stopped down to f11 to get even sharpeness corner to corner, depending ob the subject 5.6 and 8 might be usable, but if you want really good results f 11 is a must, also helps to focus not on center, but midway to either side

Best

Jose

T

Tikkis

This may be a bit off topic but has anyone hooked up a Leica Visioflex ( M mount) to an E-P1?
I have no idea of thast, but since I've seen Visoflex mounted on G1, I suppose it's quite doable. But of course you need the necessary adapters. Physically and mechanically it's piece of cake.

Tikkis -- A New member form cold and dark Helsinki

T

Tikkis

Hi, I have a 25 f4 Voigtlander that shows smeared corners, must be stopped down to f11 to get even sharpeness corner to corner, depending ob the subject 5.6 and 8 might be usable, but if you want really good results f 11 is a must, also helps to focus not on center, but midway to either side

Best

Jose
I ran into similar predicament when I bought a brand new Leica Elmarit-M 2,8/28 mm Asph. wideangle for my E-P1. The corners of the picture-area are darkish and somehow soggy. There no point of using this type of excellent lens and use f-stop 11. These lenses are designed to produce fine pictures even full open.

Tikkis

Greg Lockrey

I have no idea of thast, but since I've seen Visoflex mounted on G1, I suppose it's quite doable. But of course you need the necessary adapters. Physically and mechanically it's piece of cake.

Tikkis -- A New member form cold and dark Helsinki
I ordered the adapters for my M lenses along with the E-P1 and was wondering if the Visioflex viewfinder would clear the top of the camera. This sounds good. Thanks. :thumbs:

T

Tikkis

I ordered the adapters for my M lenses along with the E-P1 and was wondering if the Visioflex viewfinder would clear the top of the camera. This sounds good. Thanks. :thumbs:
Sorry!!! I remembered wrong. The camera body I saw the Visoflex attached to wasn't G1 after all. It was Lumix GF1. But I still think it will fit without any fysical difficulties.

Cheers!

Tikkis