Site Sponsors

Thread: GH1 RAW doesn't play well with ACR

Post Thanks / Like

GH1 RAW doesn't play well with ACR

Well, I just got back from a morning's shooting with my new GH1 and ACR can't open the files, even though it is an "RW2" file like the G1. That's a nuisance! I'm surprised I haven't heard this before.

So far, I'm finding that I'm not getting anywhere near the focussed shots I do with my G1's. I'm pretty sure that I've got things set the same as the G1, but there's a significant number of OOF shots. The video (just handheld snippets, so far) all seems well focussed, so possible it's something I'm doing. I'm shooting in A mode, and then using the thumb video button to trigger video capture, so pretty much on automatic.

Cheers,

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: GH1 RAW doesn't play well with ACR

I didn't think there was a RAW support update for it yet.
    Do you have a G1 or lenses? Can you put the 14-45 on the GH1 to see if it is an AF or lens problem. Conversely can you put the 14-140 on the G1? Early on I read a couple of posts at DPreview where it seemed like focus was behind the point they were focused on but I haven't heard anything recently.

Post Thanks / Like

Terry,

Actually, I just checked and updated to ACR5.4 and it does read the GH1 RAW files.

Re the AF issues, I've got two G1s and I can easily check that. SOme of the images are focussed so at best it's intermittent (just like me).

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

In looking a little closer at the images that were bad, it has to be motion blur as I was shooting wide open at f4 and there is no part of the image from front to back that has a plane of focus, it's uniformly blurred. I'm not sure why this is because it was very bright out and I had OIS turned on.

Cheers,