The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 with Pen F lenses ?

J

jKK

Hello

Has anyone tried the E-P1 with Pen F lenses ?
I have seen some pictures of the lens on the camera, but
sadly no pictures taken with the combination.

Anybody care to share.

Thanks

-jKK

RichA

I've seen some pictures on Asian sites, before the adapters appeared. Not bad results, full illumination of the frame, but like as with most old film lenses, stopped down produces much better results.

V

Vivek

I use my pen F lenses on my G1s. I almost never stop down. They are fabulous.

mod2001

just wait a few days, got the E-p1 with the Pen G.Zuiko 40/1.4, shoot some portraits last week (don't want to show it here), perfect sharpening, colour rendition and a wonderful bokeh.

Yogi

J

jKK

Hello

Thanks for the reply.
What adapter would you recommend for Penf to E-P1.

-jKK

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . .
What adapter would you recommend for Penf to E-P1.

-jKK
I bought one of the first JF adapters and it was tight - with some careful filing I made it fit well. JF said he would replace it, if this did not work.

Monza has more experience of Pen F adapters than me - and there is still the option of using the Pen extension set (described a lot in this forum)

But - no problem in recommending JF

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Should say that I bought it for the G1, but I have and EP-1 on the way and hope to use it on that also

Keith

mod2001

I bought one of the first JF adapters and it was tight - with some careful filing I made it fit well. JF said he would replace it, if this did not work.

Monza has more experience of Pen F adapters than me - and there is still the option of using the Pen extension set (described a lot in this forum)

But - no problem in recommending JF

Keith
Hello Keith,

i have the JF adapter too, when i mount the adapter, it only turns 2-3 mm to the middle and feels a little bit loose. For better understanding, if i look from the top on the mounted lens, the red marker for the depth of field ist not in the middle. Is this normal? Can you please check this if your E-P1 arrive?

Yogi

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hello Keith,

. . . . Can you please check this if your E-P1 arrive?

Yogi

Yes, indeed Yogi:

I think JF has set his adapter up for the G1 - I hope there are not too many differences in the m4/3 setups for different manufacturers. Only time will tell.

Don't know when my EP-1 with 17mm will arrive, Canada may have been on the bottom of the heap :thumbdown:

Keith

slau

Yes, indeed Yogi:

Don't know when my EP-1 with 17mm will arrive, Canada may have been on the bottom of the heap :thumbdown:

Keith
So you know that my friend just picked up two EP-1 kits (one with 14-42 zoom & one with 17f2.8+ VF) this week from Vistek. I know they may still have a few left. Good luck.

Diane B

Yes, indeed Yogi:

I think JF has set his adapter up for the G1 - I hope there are not too many differences in the m4/3 setups for different manufacturers. Only time will tell.

Keith
The mounts are the same. I took my MA-1 and FD (Cameraquest) adaptor with me (plus lenses) when I tried the EP-1--fit perfectly. I don't see any reason why you should see any difference.

I'm shooting with the 17 f/2.8 on my G1--like it quite a lot.

J

jKK

The mounts are the same. I took my MA-1 and FD (Cameraquest) adaptor with me (plus lenses) when I tried the EP-1--fit perfectly. I don't see any reason why you should see any difference.

I'm shooting with the 17 f/2.8 on my G1--like it quite a lot.
Thanks.

I seem to remember Monza had some trouble with an adapter that
worked on G1 but not on E-P1.
I cant remember if it was PenF one tho.

-jKK

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Vivek recommended Pen-F lenses last Fall. I wish I would have listened and invested in more of them before the prices started rising. They are gems. I now have 4, and they all work perfectly on the G1. My favorite is the 65 f/1.5 wide open.:thumbs: I'm looking forward to trying them on an E-P1 soon (as IS should help on the longer focal lengths.) (My adapter is from JF).

V

Vivek

Vivek recommended Pen-F lenses last Fall. I wish I would have listened and invested in more of them before the prices started rising. They are gems. I now have 4, and they all work perfectly on the G1. My favorite is the 65 f/1.5 wide open.:thumbs: I'm looking forward to trying them on an E-P1 soon (as IS should help on the longer focal lengths.) (My adapter is from JF).
Hi Cindy, Show some pics from the 60/1.5. :)

I am waiting for my 17/2.8. I will see how that stacks up with the 38/2.8 pancake. :)

Just yesterday, I had a 100/3.5 on. This was one of the cheapest of the pen F lenses. Another gem. These lenses are without any parallels, I think.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This isn't the E-P1. Will a G1 do?:ROTFL:
G1 at the county fair. One of the highlights was a robot pig peddling around on a little red tractor. He had the kids mesmerized...big and little.

This alpaca was shot wide open.