The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 screen blackout

nostatic

In my brief foray with the E-P1 today, it seemed like the screen blacked out for a long time after taking a shot and that data was taking awhile to be written. Was this just due to some settings or is it the normal pace of the camera? It certainly was a lot less responsive than dSLR as well as my DLux4.

On the plus side AF seemed plenty quick.

nostatic

-bump-

Any comment from owners? I've sent back the K7 and am seriously considering the E-P1 as my "hi rez" street cam but wonder about the response. I'm going to try and demo another one tomorrow.

Terry

I guess it hasn't bothered me. I've been shoot RAW plus jpeg until I get full raw support so a burst takes a long time to clear but the camera keeps going there is a decent sized buffer.