The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

c-mount and focal doublers

gmoe

Hey guys,

Anyone use a focal c-mount doubler with their c-mount lenses on the G1?

I was just brain storming and thinking out loud so for give me if this may not work...

For usability purposes of wider lenses that don't fit the lens sensor, would a focal doubler make a wide usable and change the image circle so that it may cover most, if not all, of the sensor.

Obviously, the lens would not be 15mm anymore for example it may be 30mm let's say with a c-mount 2x doubler.

Or will that wide lens have the same size image circle with or without a c-mount doubler?

Just curious..

Anyone who has tried it or who has better knowledge feel free to chime in.

V

Vivek

Difficult to find a short FL lens that fit any 2X TCs making this whole idea not very useful ( yes, I tried it without much luck).

Coverage increases, in principle, but the area depends on the lens used. Image quality is usually terrible.

There is one rare occasion where I find it useful. To put a 20cm f/6.8 mirror lens. Despite the dark images, since the lens set-up is no bigger than a roll of 220 film, it is very handy.

gmoe

Shoot! Will it sounds like Vivek tried many 2X and 1.5X TCs with no luck.

I got a Vivitar 1.5x teleconverter for 9.99 so it was not a huge loss for me. Too bad, if anyone has tried the vivitar TC's please let me know what your findings are. I'm still waiting for my GH1 so no tests on this yet.