Site Sponsors

Thread: ANGENIEUX zoom to m4/3?

Post Thanks / Like

ANGENIEUX zoom to m4/3?

Hello I am new here. I'm attracted by the enthusiasm of adapting C mount to m4/3, but I still have a lot to learn.

I am considering this lens on my upcoming E-P1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Anyone know if it cast large enough image circle at wide end to fill the frame? This seems too good to be true.

P.S. I also came across some Arri mount lens. Do they work well with m4/3?
    Last edited by exe163; 15th July 2009 at 20:07.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ANGENIEUX zoom to m4/3?

Anyone know if it cast large enough image circle at wide end to fill the frame?

Answer...no, it will not fill the frame.

the seller is an inadvertent comedian..."These older lenses are known for their "breathing," but there is minimal dust inside this lens." hehehehehwe [email protected]

"Breathing" refers to when a lens' optics change the apparent focal length slightly when shifting the mechanical focus.

Yehh if t' Lens sneezes, you are in trouble...

regards Hudson

Post Thanks / Like

These older lenses are known for their "breathing
    Think the seller is referring to typical old zoom, which extends and retract front elements from zooming sucks in air and dust. Especially push and pull lenses.

Sad to hear that it does not cover the whole frame. Do you think there's any value in this particular lens? Also do the image circle enlarges when the lens zooms out?

Post Thanks / Like

ask folks in the DVXUser forum-- I know there's a guy in europe who has that Ang zoom lens. From what I understand he has to engage the 2x magnification mode on his GH-1 in order to get it full frame. This mode is only available for pics not for movies on the GH-1. There is a little bit of image degradation. In terms of changing the image size as you zoom maybe Vivek or others can speak to that...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exe163 View Post
    Hello I am new here. I'm attracted by the enthusiasm of adapting C mount to m4/3, but I still have a lot to learn.

I am considering this lens on my upcoming E-P1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Anyone know if it cast large enough image circle at wide end to fill the frame? This seems too good to be true.

P.S. I also came across some Arri mount lens. Do they work well with m4/3?
    Problem with the Angenieux, Bolex, even Bell and Howell lenses is you are bidding against people like "RED" users who've spent $17,000 for their cameras, or more. Tends to drive the prices of these old lenses upwards.