The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

first mount converter arrived today

M

mtwo

The first of the two mount converters I ordered came today. Leica M to M4/3 so, of course, I tried it out. I bought this one from ADPLO in Hong Kong. Took 11 days to arrive which I did not think too bad. The brand name is Pixco and it does seem to be nicely machined and evenly anodized. There is, however, a bit of play when a M mount lens is fit. I have only tried the 40mm CV and the bit of play does not seem to affect anything.

I can see also that this manual thing on the G1 is going to take a bit more study on my part and some more time making photos. The other adapter I ordered is one for C mount and a Nikon will follow that one. What I would like to see are some fast primes wider than 14mm. The recent 7 to whatever is way beyond silly for my purpose.

Other lenses will be tested soon. I have 21mm Zeiss and a 35mm CV along with a 50 and a 90 which should be fun if I can get on top of this manual thing. Have no problem with manual operation it is the quirks of the G1 manual implementation which I am refering to. John