The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 Questions

K

Kevin_b1

Are you using Adobe RGB or SRGB and why?

Does any one know when using Auto ISO what triggers the ISO speed to increase, normally you can set a min shutter speed but I can not find this option?

Many thanks for your help

regards

Kevin

barjohn

I use Adobe RGB for better color capture. There is a setting in one of the gear menues to set max ISO and Min if I remember correctly. I am running out the door I would find it for you.

nostatic

One minor annoyance is that auto iso only sets the max value, not min. It does have a "default" setting but you can't give a lower limit. eg I'd like to have auto iso go between 200-1600 but as far as I can tell you can't do that - in good light it'll go down to iso 80. You have to manually bring it back to 200.

gallery7

if you don't mind i have a few questions...

i am looking at the e-p1 as a scale focus (manual) with the 17mm and my only real concerns are dynamic range and shutter release.

any comments from users? in manual focus is the shutter as fast as a modern dslr? any noticeable lag?

how about the dynamic range in raw?

beyond those to remaining questions i am pretty keen right now.

nostatic

I find response pretty snappy. One thing is that the 17mm has barrel distortion that you see in raw files (in-camera jpg corrects for it). That is one of my present gripes.

I find the DR to be pretty good even in jpg. It also has a nice grain in the noise, even in-camera jpg after you set it up to your liking (I run NR completely off). You will not get a clean iso 1600 image (compared to a good dSLR), but I tend to really like the look of the 1600 image out of this camera. And it is night-and-day better than even the best p&s in that regard.