Site Sponsors

Thread: E-P1 Questions

Kevin_b1

E-P1 Questions

Are you using Adobe RGB or SRGB and why?

Does any one know when using Auto ISO what triggers the ISO speed to increase, normally you can set a min shutter speed but I can not find this option?

Many thanks for your help

regards

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: E-P1 Questions

I use Adobe RGB for better color capture. There is a setting in one of the gear menues to set max ISO and Min if I remember correctly. I am running out the door I would find it for you.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like

One minor annoyance is that auto iso only sets the max value, not min. It does have a "default" setting but you can't give a lower limit. eg I'd like to have auto iso go between 200-1600 but as far as I can tell you can't do that - in good light it'll go down to iso 80. You have to manually bring it back to 200.

Post Thanks / Like

if you don't mind i have a few questions...

i am looking at the e-p1 as a scale focus (manual) with the 17mm and my only real concerns are dynamic range and shutter release.

any comments from users? in manual focus is the shutter as fast as a modern dslr? any noticeable lag?

how about the dynamic range in raw?

beyond those to remaining questions i am pretty keen right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I find response pretty snappy. One thing is that the 17mm has barrel distortion that you see in raw files (in-camera jpg corrects for it). That is one of my present gripes.

I find the DR to be pretty good even in jpg. It also has a nice grain in the noise, even in-camera jpg after you set it up to your liking (I run NR completely off). You will not get a clean iso 1600 image (compared to a good dSLR), but I tend to really like the look of the 1600 image out of this camera. And it is night-and-day better than even the best p&s in that regard.