The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 Manual Focus Set-up

sc_john

I'm trying to find the thread on setting-up E-P1 for manual focus with one button access to zoomed viewing screen. But, no can find. Can anyone point me to the right thread/post? Thanks.

John

nostatic

I'm trying to find the thread on setting-up E-P1 for manual focus with one button access to zoomed viewing screen. But, no can find. Can anyone point me to the right thread/post? Thanks.

John
Go to the menu and make sure you have "custom menu" turned on. Go to "A AF/MF, click to the right then scroll down to the last item, "MF ASSIST." Turn that on.

Now if you switch to MF or AF-S/MF when you spin the focus ring the screen will zoom. You can switch between 7x and 10x using the upper wheel.

sc_john

Nostatic,

Thanks! I also think there was a post that discussed a set-up for using the function button as a "one-step" method of getting into and out of manual focus.

John

mod2001

Nostatic,

Thanks! I also think there was a post that discussed a set-up for using the function button as a "one-step" method of getting into and out of manual focus.

John
set the "FN-Button" to MF, then set the "AEL-AEF-Button" for MF to "Mod3", the you can easily switch between AF and MF, further you can focus in Af-Mode over the AEL-Button, so you don't have to halfpress the shutter if you want to change composition and /or the reference for exposure.

Yogi

sc_john

Great! I just received my RayQual NikonF-MFT adapter, and I'm anxious to try Zeiss ZF lenses on E-P1. Thanks.

John