Site Sponsors

Thread: E-P1 Manual Focus Set-up

Post Thanks / Like

E-P1 Manual Focus Set-up

I'm trying to find the thread on setting-up E-P1 for manual focus with one button access to zoomed viewing screen. But, no can find. Can anyone point me to the right thread/post? Thanks.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E-P1 Manual Focus Set-up

Quote Originally Posted by sc_john View Post
    I'm trying to find the thread on setting-up E-P1 for manual focus with one button access to zoomed viewing screen. But, no can find. Can anyone point me to the right thread/post? Thanks.

John
    Go to the menu and make sure you have "custom menu" turned on. Go to "A AF/MF, click to the right then scroll down to the last item, "MF ASSIST." Turn that on.

Now if you switch to MF or AF-S/MF when you spin the focus ring the screen will zoom. You can switch between 7x and 10x using the upper wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Nostatic,

Thanks! I also think there was a post that discussed a set-up for using the function button as a "one-step" method of getting into and out of manual focus.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sc_john View Post
    Nostatic,

Thanks! I also think there was a post that discussed a set-up for using the function button as a "one-step" method of getting into and out of manual focus.

John
    set the "FN-Button" to MF, then set the "AEL-AEF-Button" for MF to "Mod3", the you can easily switch between AF and MF, further you can focus in Af-Mode over the AEL-Button, so you don't have to halfpress the shutter if you want to change composition and /or the reference for exposure.

Yogi

Post Thanks / Like

Great! I just received my RayQual NikonF-MFT adapter, and I'm anxious to try Zeiss ZF lenses on E-P1. Thanks.

John