The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few days in Italy. Pen thoughts and pictures.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
OK. I want one. Are you happy now?

Very nice collection of photos! But one silly question, are the "art" effects permanently written into the file at capture?

Tim

tashley

Subscriber Member
OK. I want one. Are you happy now?

Very nice collection of photos! But one silly question, are the "art" effects permanently written into the file at capture?

Tim
As another poster has written.... or merely shoot RAW and then use the Olympus software to apply the filter to the RAW file without permanently changing it. Or... you can trick most of these effects up in Lightroom!

Brian Mosley

Nice gallery Tim, and good comments too - I think the art filters are nice, but could become tired quickly if overused. I shoot completely raw and apply the art filters in Olympus Studio if appropriate.

I don't know why/how you're seeing a 'small sensor' look - could you expand on that?

Thanks for sharing

Kind Regards

Brian

Lisa

Really gorgeous photos! We happened to be driving on the A22 past Lake Garda (but didn't see it - a hill was in the way) a couple of weeks ago on our way from Verona airport to the Dolomites (Val Gardena & Cortina). We enjoyed it there so much we plan to go back in a year or two, and now I plan to add a couple of days at Lake Garda to the plan next time. Thanks for the idea!

Lisa

tashley

Subscriber Member
Nice gallery Tim, and good comments too - I think the art filters are nice, but could become tired quickly if overused. I shoot completely raw and apply the art filters in Olympus Studio if appropriate.

I don't know why/how you're seeing a 'small sensor' look - could you expand on that?

Thanks for sharing

Kind Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

I find it hard to substantiate exactly but I just find that in some files I suddenly get MUCH noisier shadow and semi-shadow areas than I expect, such that the area is a description rather than a depiction of the actual scene.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Really gorgeous photos! We happened to be driving on the A22 past Lake Garda (but didn't see it - a hill was in the way) a couple of weeks ago on our way from Verona airport to the Dolomites (Val Gardena & Cortina). We enjoyed it there so much we plan to go back in a year or two, and now I plan to add a couple of days at Lake Garda to the plan next time. Thanks for the idea!

Lisa
Thanks Lisa,

Lake Garda is very surprising: you get low, grassy shores with gentle outlooks and then turn a corner to dramatic, plunging mountainscapes. If you want a real (and real expensive!) treat, the Hotel Villa Feltrinelli is without a doubt the nicest place i have ever stayed and is very photogenic!

Have a great time

Tim