The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ken Tanaka's Olympus E-P1 PEN Review

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
"Sentimentality aside, the main practical question for most people is whether or not Olympus's new PEN is a serious camera and not just a retro-styled toy. My answer is yes, the E-P1 is an earnest and versatile camera that can be fun to use. But it's also a camera with a few noteworthy shortcomings..."

Full Review....

Rawfa

I didn't like what he said about Olympus and firmware updates. I for once am already eager for Oly to release some small fixes.

jonoslack

I didn't like what he said about Olympus and firmware updates. I for once am already eager for Oly to release some small fixes.
HI Rafa
I think that remark was rather unfair - Olympus certainly do firmware updates, although they mostly seem to be 'fixes' rather than 'features'.

T

terryc

HI Rafa
I think that remark was rather unfair - Olympus certainly do firmware updates, although they mostly seem to be 'fixes' rather than 'features'.
For reference this is what he said...

"I'd like to expect that Olympus will fix this with a firmware update but Oly aficionados tell me to expect such a fix at about the same time that chickens grow lips. "

Heaven knows where this stuff comes from or who the so called Olympus aficionados he is quoting are...

Best regards, Terry.