Site Sponsors

Thread: Pen E-P1 Questions before I commit!

ameister

Pen E-P1 Questions before I commit!

Greetings to all, this is my first post at the forum though I have been lurking for quite sometime. I believe that this forum is the undisputed #1 source for M43 information.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a E-P1, though I have serveral questions and I hope the friendly folks here can be of help:

1. Seems like one of the major complains about focus is under low light and lack of AF assist lamp. If I were to mount a Fl-36R (or FL-5XR) flash on the hotshoe, will the AF assist lamp on the flash unit come into play?

2. I am a big fan of the Strobist kind of shooting. If I were to mount a Fl-36R on hotshoe, can the Fl-36R act as the "commander" (Nikon speak) to control other Fl-XXR flashes?

Thanks in advance to ALL!.

Aulia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pen E-P1 Questions before I commit!

1. As I know AF assist from FL-36,50 doesnt work with E-P1, too bad.
    2.I think no, again.

OzRay

No and no. What Olympus needs to do is introduce a command module like Nikon and Canon have, so that a pop-up flash is not necessary for remote flash control.

Mind you, using manual lenses and a set of wireless flash controllers works quite well.

Cheers

Ray

ameister

Thanks to all for the responses, I will have to think thru this somewhat or wait for the next incarnation of a MFT body.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I shot the following in a bar just using available light. They were shot at ISO 200 at 1/2 sec and 1/3 sec at f2.8 using the 17mm lens. I processed the raw files in C1 and selected the Adobe DNG neutral profile and film standard with contrast to 11. No other changes made.
    Last edited by barjohn; 2nd October 2009 at 15:39.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All were shot with out flash and though there is motion blurring visible when the subjects moved slightly the shutter and focus lag were very minimal.
    V/r John