The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pen E-P1 Questions before I commit!

A

ameister

Greetings to all, this is my first post at the forum though I have been lurking for quite sometime. I believe that this forum is the undisputed #1 source for M43 information.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a E-P1, though I have serveral questions and I hope the friendly folks here can be of help:

1. Seems like one of the major complains about focus is under low light and lack of AF assist lamp. If I were to mount a Fl-36R (or FL-5XR) flash on the hotshoe, will the AF assist lamp on the flash unit come into play?

2. I am a big fan of the Strobist kind of shooting. If I were to mount a Fl-36R on hotshoe, can the Fl-36R act as the "commander" (Nikon speak) to control other Fl-XXR flashes?

Thanks in advance to ALL!.

Aulia

O

OzRay

No and no. What Olympus needs to do is introduce a command module like Nikon and Canon have, so that a pop-up flash is not necessary for remote flash control.

Mind you, using manual lenses and a set of wireless flash controllers works quite well.

Cheers

Ray

A

ameister

Thanks to all for the responses, I will have to think thru this somewhat or wait for the next incarnation of a MFT body.

Thanks

barjohn

I shot the following in a bar just using available light. They were shot at ISO 200 at 1/2 sec and 1/3 sec at f2.8 using the 17mm lens. I processed the raw files in C1 and selected the Adobe DNG neutral profile and film standard with contrast to 11. No other changes made.

Last edited:

barjohn

All were shot with out flash and though there is motion blurring visible when the subjects moved slightly the shutter and focus lag were very minimal.