The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A break throug of the adapter - for function and the price

pentacon6

http://translate.google.com/transla...90724_304676.html&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

Here is a google translated Japanese website that claims there will be 3 adapters specific for Sony Alpha, Nikon and Pentax. The main break through is that the mechanism can adjust the aperture if the lens are made for electronic control aperture. Now you can enjoy wider range of lenses, including some sigma, tokina or tamron lenses for those mounts. But of course, no AF.

The rings has reach another sky high price which is about 25200 Jap Yen. If you have a big family of lens series under a brand from one of the above, you may consider. Otherwise, just explores more old gems from ebay. :toocool:

But a bad news to Canon user also, they are unable to develop one kind of this adapter because there is no "aperture stick" opened up for this adjustment.
Canon just hides all the mechanic parts.

O

OzRay

All we need is for Photodiox to produce a dandelion chip for m4/3s and you'll have focus confirmation with any manual lens. The Pen already provides for IS, so that feature would be redundant.

Cheers

Ray

R

Ranger 9

You can't have DSLR-style focus confirmation in a camera that uses a contrast-detect AF system. The best you could have would be a "peaking" indicator which would show whether the contrast is going up or down as you manually focus the lens.

V

Vivek

I think the Contax to EOS was the major breakthrough in adapters, making all the functions available.

If someone does an electronic link to m4/3rds to EOS, then that would be a true breakthrough. ;)

O

OzRay

You can't have DSLR-style focus confirmation in a camera that uses a contrast-detect AF system. The best you could have would be a "peaking" indicator which would show whether the contrast is going up or down as you manually focus the lens.
I don't understand how the dandelion chip works, as it doesn't connect in any way to the lens, so I was assuming that the same principle of operation may work with m4/3s, as it just seems to spoof the AF sensor in some way.

Cheers

Ray

pellicle

Hi

going out on a limb here, I'm assuming it spoofs the existence of a lens. If anyone has one of these I'd be interested in the exif info from an image.

I was assuming that the same principle of operation may work with m4/3s, as it just seems to spoof the AF sensor in some way.
my reasoning is that when I put my EF lenses in manual mode I decouple the AF mechanism from controlling the lens and my focus confirmation works in my view finder.

Having said that, using my film EOS camera and a bit of ground glass and a x30 pocket pentax microscope I can see why the astro photography guys don't see any benefits in AF as its simply not critically accurate at wider than f5.6 on a 50mm lens.

I seem to recall discussions from the past quoting some figures of 50lp/mm as the target accuracy of the systems