The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 75-150 G1 samples

greypilgrim

Well, my adapter arrived in time for this weekend, and I had a chance to try it out at Pescadero State Beach. The first lens up was my 75-150 Series E.

Close up and mid range, the results were quite pleasing. At infinity, I am seeing a focus issue, and the images are less than sharp. I suspect this has to to do with focusing a tad past infinity, but since I have never used an adapter like this before, I do not yet know. Most likely user error :p.

My initial reaction to the ergonomics was that using it on the G1 felt a bit unwieldy, but that passed after a while. Lengthwise with the adapter, it seems a bit unbalanced.

I have included one 100% crop below. None of these are sharpened as I wanted to show them as is.

Doug

100% crop

P

panzerneo

Nice! I prefer #5. The red flowers look completely saturated in the red channel.
Is this a color space conversion issue, or can you see it on the RAW histogram as well?

greypilgrim

Nice! I prefer #5. The red flowers look completely saturated in the red channel.
Is this a color space conversion issue, or can you see it on the RAW histogram as well?
Perhaps a conversion issue, although on my monitor which I have recently calibrated, I can see gradations in the red, and it does not appear blown. The histogram certainly has room even for the red channel. The main issue here is that these are RED :), and there is very little difference across a relatively large area.

But again, they do not show as blown on my display which I've calibrated, and I am looking at them in a browser that honors ICC profiles. There are just too many options at times trying to get things to the web for people to view in the same fashion :banghead:

I might try printing one of these out to see how the reds are handled.

My personal favorite is the second one (as it shows here :))

Doug