The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gorillapod for the E-P1?

Rawfa

I'm thinking about getting a gorillapod for the E-P1. Is there anyone out there using it? Looking in their website I would assume the "Original" (max weight 350g, 21€) model would be enough since the E-P1 weights 150g 14-42mm kit lens. The next model is the "SLR" (max weight 800g, 39€).

O

OzRay

I got what is more or less a copy of the Gorilla Pod from Aldi (lots cheaper). It works fine with the Pen and CV 50mm f1.1 (fairly heavy combination), but you need to be careful how you position things.

Cheers

Ray

D

ddk

I'm thinking about getting a gorillapod for the E-P1. Is there anyone out there using it? Looking in their website I would assume the "Original" (max weight 350g, 21€) model would be enough since the E-P1 weights 150g 14-42mm kit lens. The next model is the "SLR" (max weight 800g, 39€).
I don't have an EP-1 but I have both pods and like them very much. Their flexibility is ideal for street and table top shooting at parties. The original one is pretty good, easily fits in my jean's rear pocket or I hook it from a belt loop, but never had anything heavier than a GRD on it. The slr model is sturdier but you need to purchase some kind of head with it, at least here in the US you did when I bought mine.

pellicle

I bought a gorillapod (the biggest one) n put a cheap ball head on it.

I like it so much I'm thinking of making it the basis of a light weight tripod system with 3 slide on aluminimum tubes as legs ... which I can attach to the backpack when not in use.

this is my coolpix 5000 on it with a macro sliding rail ... go for it!