The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 takes a walk on the wild side

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for showing these interesting shots. But... is it just me, or does everything have a tobacco filter colour cast?
Davemillier: I don't thing it is just you, I see the same thing. But, I think that it is the result of Rawfa's workflow, and is what he is striving for. There is a certain element that I like about it too, it's different.

stevem8

I love your shots and these are no exception. Let me ask you this...are you shooting RAW or JPEG, and which lens did you use? These look really good and I love the way you process!

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Rafa,
It's good to see you getting it on with the camera....
Your starting to breathe again my friend...
Don

Rawfa

Hehehe...I think it was just a matter of time until people started talking...yes, I kind of have this type of retroactive process with each camera that I have, that I end up having a "different but similar" look. The E-P1 and I have passed phase 1 and managed to break the ice, but we're not old friends yet ;-)

scho

Thanks for showing these interesting shots. But... is it just me, or does everything have a tobacco filter colour cast?
No, I've also noticed a distinct warm color cast in all of Raf's E-P1 shots. Raf, you might want to check your white balance setting if this is not intentional. Almost looks like you are using the "cloudy" WB setting in bright sunlight.

Carl

JMaher

Great set of photographs. I have to agree with some of the previous comments they all seem to have a warm tone that I suspect is purposeful. It ties them all together as a set.

Jim

Rawfa

I agree with all of you about the look. I'm still trying to get exactly what I want in post. Didn't really get the formula right yet with all of them.

Rawfa

It is my own personal art filter ;-)
Sadly the E-P1's most interesting art filters take way too long to write.

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

It is my own personal art filter ;-)
Sadly the E-P1's most interesting art filters take way too long to write.
I shoot raw and if I want to apply any of the canned Art Filters, I'll do it in Olympus Studio on the raw files.

Cheers

Brian