Site Sponsors

Thread: Have you dinged or nicked your E-P1 yet?

daggerlee

Have you dinged or nicked your E-P1 yet?

Put a 1 cm long ragged scratch in the bottom casing of mine today, to add to the little ding also on the bottom casing. Seems its made of very soft metal be careful if you wear metal strapped watches!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Have you dinged or nicked your E-P1 yet?

I put a scratch on the lcd. First camera to get a scratch such as this one. I have now used the same screen protector on the E-P1 that I used on the iPhone (cut down to size).

simplebot

I have a few scratches on the frame around the LCD from lying the camera down on a brick to do a long(ish) night sky exposure, and the little bump feet on the bottom of the cam are worn down to shiny already. Bound to happen.. I worry about the LCD though. My ricoh GRD had a piece of polycarbonate that I cut cover and protect the screen from any bumps, I'll probably have to do the same to this one. I just cut it big enough to overlap onto the surrounding frame and then double side tape stick it to the frame. Prevents scratches and impact breaks if you are the type to carry your cam everywhere.

Irwell

The LCD and case on my Sony W300 is holding up quite well,
    but the selector wheel is showing wear to the extent
    that some function symbols are illegible. I have given
    the camera a lot of use(maybe abuse) since buying it.

JayCee

Quote Originally Posted by Irwell View Post
    The LCD and case on my Sony W300 is holding up quite well,
    A Sony W300 is not an E-P1...or a 4/3rds camera.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by daggerlee View Post
    Put a 1 cm long ragged scratch in the bottom casing of mine today, to add to the little ding also on the bottom casing. Seems its made of very soft metal be careful if you wear metal strapped watches!
    I dropped mine from about a meter. It hit a concrete step. The damage is a tiny ding in the top (about 2mm across). I think it is a bit soft.

This camera is slippery, you have got to have a strap on it.

Keith

daggerlee

Put some more small scratches on the bottom again. A leather half case is probably a good idea if you want to absolutely protect it from scratches.

Irwell

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    A Sony W300 is not an E-P1...or a 4/3rds camera.
    Gosh!
    But the pic is taken with my Panasonic G1 using the 45/00
    in close-up mode.
    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images...es/talk028.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's a camera not a Ferrari! Of course, I have a nick or two. But, I would like a case when they come out with one.

ken

I've already dented the bottom plate on both corners! I then plopped it into my bag with a notebook and the notebook ring easily scratched the top plate... it's definitely not as robust as older film cameras i've used. The coating easily scratches and i already have bright marks on some areas around the LCD after a few days of light use... that part was a bit disappointing. But like you guys said... it's a camera, not a ferrari... but would've been nice if they used a harder metal or a tougher coating.

Cases are still around $180+ japanexposures has a nice handmade leather. For now, black tape protects mine :-D