The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New M43 GF1 - Possibly

gDallasK

Looks like the real deal to me. Just when I had reduced the number of cameras I own to a reasonable level ............

:thumbup:

durrIII

Now, things are beginning to happen. We may actually get that digital CL that we have been asking for. Competition really works, Mr. President, even in Japan.

Diane B

It surely is exciting for me. I expect it won't be available till I have funds ready for it anyhow LOL. And--the 20 f/1.7--I'd love it if the kit was the body plus the 20. I'd be covered for lenses about then with my fast MF lenses (might sell the 17 f/2.8 at that point).--and the 2 bodies would mean I am more rapidly than expected transitioning to m4/3rds (though the Canon gear won't leave any time soon--just be used less and less I'm guessing).

Diane

trisberg

How about that 45mm Leica Macro Elmarit lens in the picture. This m43 thing is starting to look really interesting now.

-Thomas

scho

I would really like to see how this camera looks with the snap on EVF and more importantly, what the view is like through this EVF. I'm a bit concerned that the EVF port wasn't labelled and that the EVF wasn't illustrated. So far the G1 is still king of the m43 hill for my purposes.

Michiel Schierbeek

It is smaller and looks better, for my taste, as the EP-1. The lenses look very temting too.
Now I am curious about the EVF?

Michiel

gDallasK

Wait a minute ........!

Leica have an announcement coming on 9th September. Maybe we're looking at the underpinning technology for the new M9. It won't be a bigger sensor, it'll be a smaller one.

:ROTFL:

Godfrey

The kit shown in the photo ... body, 17/1.7 and 45/2.8 ... are about 80% of everything I need for my personal work. The body also looks like it has a new port (on the back, under the hotshoe), which looks positioned for a detachable EVF unit to slide in.

I'll be collecting my scheckles together waiting for it to be announced officially ... and for Adobe to support the RAW files with Lightroom. Then I'll buy the whole kit. :)

Terry

This is great news. If indeed this has an EVF I will be ecstatic. I like the Pen a lot but continually lift it to my eye! Also, I do like the speed of Panny AF. I was shooting with the G1 last night and realized just how much faster it is than the Oly.
The AF/MF button may actually be a new implementation of the legacy lens MF.

At the very least, two additional lenses might be getting closer to reality.

Yeah!

V

Vivek

I would really like to see how this camera looks with the snap on EVF and more importantly, what the view is like through this EVF. I'm a bit concerned that the EVF port wasn't labelled and that the EVF wasn't illustrated. So far the G1 is still king of the m43 hill for my purposes.
I am not concerned at all (I agree with your G1 comment). They have got the color right.;)

If it is going to be without an EVF like the E-P1, I just won't buy it.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is about to turn me religious - or believe in Santa Claus again.

I've got a couple of Ricohs that use detachable EVFs and I can't live without this feature. The EVF is never detached from the camera when I use it.

We all knew this would happen - but in my case, I couldn't wait and got the EP-1. I've started saving. Knowing Panny, we won't wait so long.

Keith

nostatic

How about that 45mm Leica Macro Elmarit lens in the picture. This m43 thing is starting to look really interesting now.

-Thomas
If this is for real, I could see dumping my APS-C gear and just having a pair of u4/3 bodies along with a smattering of Leica u4/3 lenses.

*if*

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
If this is for real, I could see dumping my APS-C gear and just having a pair of u4/3 bodies along with a smattering of Leica u4/3 lenses.

*if*
That's what I have done, and so far I'm really happy with it. The new Panny will happen, just a question of when, but I think it is just a matter of months.

Keith

trisberg

All I'm missing now is a nice and compact 14mm lens to go with the 20mm. Both lenses with a matching OVF would be a superb setup for me.

Hopefully the AF is fast and accurate enough since the m43 lenses never have a focusing scale.

-Thomas

barjohn

Leica's annual report just published alludes to a midrange system camera made by a partner along with lenses to be announced and sold during this current fiscal year for Leica. Maybe a rebadged version of this camera is it. They call the S2 their high end camera and the P&Ss their low end cameras.