Site Sponsors

Thread: cars at altitude

Post Thanks / Like

cars at altitude

Up in Big Bear Lake on vacation and turns out there is a car show at the hotel.

Sensor torture conditions - high noon sun, 7K' altitude and shiny paint. Interesting to shoot back to back with K20d - the EP1 is very fun to use.

and one from the K20d

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cars at altitude

A few more late afternoon

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice details. The second Pontiac is my favorite.
    How was focusing with the lcd on the E-P1 in those harsh conditions? (I took mine to a parade over the weekend and really struggled seeing the lcd in the bright sun.)

Post Thanks / Like

It's not bad. I use S-AF with single/center point and in good light I let it do the work so I just need a sense of framing. The downside is that I'm starting to get to the point where I need reading glasses and sometimes the LCD looks fuzzy. That is one good thing about a viewfinder...

One good point noted by others is the incredibly wide viewing angle. Tonight I was shooting and holding the camera over my head and I could still see the framing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My favorite thing about the Oly's (including the E3 that I had) is the way that they render color...especially blue sky and green grass.

wblynch

Very nice Oldsmobile !

Quote Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
    and one from the K20d

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
    One good point noted by others is the incredibly wide viewing angle. Tonight I was shooting and holding the camera over my head and I could still see the framing.
    That is my favorite thing about live view, and the biggest reason i am considering the ep-1 so much.
    These are lovely shots BTW, I see the differences, I think, in the way each sensor draws and handles colors.
    One big reason I keep both my Pentaxes and the eVolts; it is nice to have that choice in color palettes

Post Thanks / Like

I am finding the E-P1 to be a bit more "immediate" with the colors and has a nice grit at higher iso. The K20d otoh is smoother and a bit more "dark." I like both in different ways. Of course I'm also shooting raw with the Pentax and in-camer jpg with the E-P1 (using Aperture) so that is part of it, but there still is a difference in the look/feel of the files.