Site Sponsors

Thread: Help me choose the photos

Post Thanks / Like

Help me choose the photos

Ok, so I'm trying to sell my guitar and a guy asked for some photos. I can tell he doesn't know a great deal about guitars and what I really want is for him to try it out because I know this guitar sounds good and feels good. So, I have a bunch of photos and I'm trying to figure out which ones to send him. Suggestions will be appreciated:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me choose the photos

And it goes on:

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, these were taken with the E-P1 and a Pentax K 50mm f1.7 and 24mm f2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was buying a guitar, I wouldn't want the art shots. But if you are going to use the headstock shot, wide down the rest of the dust.

Just the standard front/back and I'm always interested in the back of the neck. Use angles/art if you have a particularly good piece of wood for the top, otherwise I don't think it helps sell but ymmv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

rawfa

if i was buying a guitar I would want to see how 'used' it was. Close ups of the pick guard, the back of the body and the frets at the top and middle of the scales would see how well the guitar had been used/treated. I would actually show any scratches or marks... just so there is no dispute afterwards

K

PS nice guitar

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Take a look at some of the product shots in the FS section (especially the ones from the MF shooters). Light it up evenly and show everything in focus. Show close ups of the relevant sections (also sharp with no fuzzy areas).

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done anything remotely close to commercial shots, so these tips are very helpful (it's actually one of the reasons that lead me to get OUT of the film business).Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As works of art, I really like your guitar images. Trying to convince somebody that an object is in good shape is something else, however (as several posters have pointed out).

FWIW, when I put something up on a web auction (I do sometimes...), I always use a small-sensor camera to get maximum dof (youll have to dwn-res heavily, so resolution isnt a problem). Also, Ive learned the hard way the necessity of cleaning and dusting all surfaces scrupulously: every grain of dust and every fingerprint will show in all its glory...

Good, even lighting, but still with some sense of direction to get textures out properly. If there are scratches or blemishes, make them show clearly (without over-emphasizing them...); its far better that a buyer is aware of them from the start than if he finds them after delivery.... And, obviously, absolutely no clone stamping anywhere...

All that said, your guitar images almost make me want to take up playing....