The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

an afternoon with the G1 and 7-14

LisaR

So I took the G1 and 7-14 out for a few tester shots, overall I think it will work very well. Seems sharp edge to edge, minimal distortion, though it does flare with direct sunlight.

I was impressed with this shot it was inside a dark church at F6.3, ISO 800

St Peter and Paul Basilica

The View from Coit Tower

Pier on the bay

Terry

Hi Lisa,
I love the 7-14, haven't really had any flare issues with it...have gotten flare but actually not as bad as other lenses I've used. I used to live in the building at the bottom right on your Coit tower shot.

LisaR

For the most part the flare is not a problem, but I took a few shots of a building and the sun was to my left and I got a few little flares and then when out taking the bay shots if I took a shot directly facing the sun or if the sun was in the frame there was some..but overall it was not too bad and did not happen every time

That is a great area to live, especially for someone into photography.