The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

selling a small kit: advice wanted

pellicle

Hi

I've decided to sell off a few bits as a "kit" but not sure if this sort of thing would do ok on eBay or not. I'm wanting to bundle together:
  • Canon FD 50f1.8
  • Canon FD28 f2.8
  • Vivitar Extension tubes
  • a Ciecio7 FD adaptpor

having scratched my head about this for some time I've decided to keep just OM stuff (well, apart from the FD300mmf4, I'm gonna sell the OM300mm f4.5) as the FD stuff won't go with my EOS while the OM stuff will.

I've just bought a set of Vivitar extension tubes for the OM gear so I don't really see the point in keeping the FD stuff.

The problem is that:
  1. its not worth much
  2. I live in Europe so postage to and tolls at USA would prohibit that avenue
  3. wondering if anyone in UK would know much about this option

so ... do we have a for sale thing here or do ya'all reckon I can get something for it on eBay?

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
and why are my bullet points always black!!
The black bullets are explained here:

Hi Guys, a note on using the bullets in the advanced editor. Unfortunately, the font for those defaults to the same color as the font for the text editor, which is black. If we change the text a white or light gray, you couldn't read it in the text editor. Unfortunately black isn't the best color for text on our forum :D. You can't change that color either... However, there is a solution!

A little known BB code tag is "indent" and "/indent", of course surrounded by the square [ ] brackets. When you use that instead, you can make your own indented text and number or symbol and even color it. Here is an example:
1) The RED dot is bright
* The BLUE strap is ugly
Cheers,
I thought it might be possible to select the bullet text and use the text color option in the editor toolbar to set the text color to white. But, when I tried it, I found that -- unlike the font and size menus which work properly in my browser (Firefox 3 on the Mac) -- the text color menu appears to be inactive, even on paragraph or indented text. So I'm baffled as to how Jack was able to apply the red and blue colors. Maybe someone else can explain that.

pellicle

these replys are very handy thanks folks!

Nice to know there are other Ozzies on this forum (even if this one is a long way from home).