Site Sponsors

Thread: Help me find a certain wrist strap for E-P1

Post Thanks / Like

Help me find a certain wrist strap for E-P1

Recently I was surfing and stumbled on a link to a wrist/hand strap that would be great for the E-P1. This strap was shown in 2 sizes, with instructions to measure the size of one's hand in order to choose the correct size. The strap held the camera in the hand so one would always be ready to shoot. My current wrist strap is longer; the camera dangles out of my hand if I let it go. But I can't find that link! I don't recall where I saw it. It was not one of those big velcro jobs that is sold on eBay.

Can someone direct me to this item again? It looked promising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Help me find a certain wrist strap for E-P1

Gordy's straps are great, I use one on my DP1.

http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/

Post Thanks / Like

JayCee

Tom, I bought this one for my new E-P1.
    Should be with me any day now.

John.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys. Maybe I was hallucinating, but the one I recall is rather short so that the camera is kept almost in one's palm.

Post Thanks / Like

When I had my G1 I found a P+S handstrap for a Panasonic camera that worked great. The strap was short enough to keep the camera right at the palm of my hand.

I don't use it anymore--send me your address and I'll throw it in tomorrow's mail--two stamps at the most.

The other strap I tried was Luigi's handstrap--looks similar to the one from Zhou in one of the posts above. I didn't like the way it twisted around to hold the camera. The Gordy's look nice, but have never used one, so can't comment on how it "feels".

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

1+ for Luigi's. His stuff is the best.
    He now has different ways to attach to the camera.
    I'm using his braided neck strap. It can also wrap around the wrist to hold it that way.

Www.leicatime.com

shooter

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

PeterLeyssens

Tom,

I have a Gordy's strap that's made for a camera with a tripod mount on the left side (old Leica). When I screw it into a camera with a centered tripod mount (E-420), the camera fits exactly into my hand, as you mention it. The quality of the strap is incredible and I very much recommend it.

If you look at http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_...ipod/index.htm you will see there's the "regular" and "long" versions for both center and end mount. That's 4 lengths of the same strap !

Peter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tom in mpls View Post
    Thanks, guys. Maybe I was hallucinating, but the one I recall is rather short so that the camera is kept almost in one's palm.
    Maybe you mean Lutz Konermanīs SLING? Iīve had one for my Digilux 2 for years now, and I canīt image anything better for that camera (loook at my avatar).

Sadly, the ergonomics of my other cameras (D-Lux4 and G1) arenīt compatible with the Sling; otherwise Iīd order 2 more right away. No idea how it would work with the EP1. After all, it was designed mainly for the Leica M cameras.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom in mpls View Post
    I am using the Nikon AH-4 on my G1. Might as well work on the E-P1
    Peter Werner
    Leica M8, R9+DMR & Digilux 2; Nikon D700; Panasonic FX01, FX150 & G1; Samsung TL350 (WB 2000)

loa

Quote Originally Posted by Per Ofverbeck View Post
    Maybe you mean Lutz Konermanīs SLING? Iīve had one for my Digilux 2 for years now, and I canīt image anything better for that camera (loook at my avatar).

Sadly, the ergonomics of my other cameras (D-Lux4 and G1) arenīt compatible with the Sling; otherwise Iīd order 2 more right away. No idea how it would work with the EP1. After all, it was designed mainly for the Leica M cameras.
    I use one I made with my ep-1. Webbing, split ring =$3.00, Le Hook = 20. ripped a tripod screw out of a dead tripod. So easy! And adjustable in length, because for carrying I want it tight under my arm, and for shooting I want a lot of play. It also has a fastex buckle so i can slip it off under a jacket.

And this way you can choose what your webbing looks like