The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Retro

scho

I miss my old Rolleiflex so today I tried some shooting with the E-P1 "TLR Style". Doable, but a strain on the eyeballs. Sure would have been nice if Olympus had given us a tilting LCD. I used a CV 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and shot raw in 6:6 format. Converted the files with Adobe dng converter 5.5 RC and processed in LR2.4. Interesting that the dng files were automatically cropped to 1:1 when converted from the raw files.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Aren't the Noktons great glass?
I miss my Rollie also. I did a large series with
the Planar and made 12 x 12 prints as diamonds.
Great for portraits....
Shooter

V

Vivek

Carl, I have no idee why you would bother (ie trying to use it like TLR) with that cam when you have the G1.

I have only used Topcoflex and the Primo Jr- both addictive (I should dust them up soon). I am not particular about the square thing but the actual usage.

Here is a nostalgic capture (bad light and all but hey that is the way the coin goes). The swivel TFT makes the G1 to be used like a TLR and that tiny boy brought back memories of my son (he is now 9).

Panasonic G1, Olympus D 17/2.8 plus a Ricoh GW-1 (0.75X converter).

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Carl, I have no idee why you would bother (ie trying to use it like TLR) with that cam when you have the G1.

I have only used Topcoflex and the Primo Jr- both addictive (I should dust them up soon). I am not particular about the square thing but the actual usage.

Here is a nostalgic capture (bad light and all but hey that is the way the coin goes). The swivel TFT makes the G1 to be used like a TLR and that tiny boy brought back memories of my son (he is now 9).

Panasonic G1, Olympus D 17/2.8 plus a Ricoh GW-1 (0.75X converter).
You should be proud of this one

Keith

scho

Aren't the Noktons great glass?
I miss my Rollie also. I did a large series with
the Planar and made 12 x 12 prints as diamonds.
Great for portraits....
Shooter
Yes, Streetshooter the Noktons are very nice and I really like the 50 1.5.

Regards,
Carl

scho

Hi Vivek, I agree that TLR style shooting is much easier with the G1, but I just wanted to see if it was even possible with the E-P1. My wife likes P&S style shooting with the E-P1 so it is now her camera and I'll go back to shooting mostly with the G1 until something better comes along. That is a very nice shot of your son. I also have many nice pictures that I took of of my children years ago with the Rollei, but I have yet to scan all of the negatives.

Regards,
Carl

V

Vivek

You should be proud of this one

Keith

Yeah, I am, Keith. But I should have worded this carefully (I was asking "Hot" to write clearly in another thread. :eek:). This isn't my son. It is a recent shot with G1. This boy (his father has caught a pigeon to show him) just barely can walk (mine was running around chasing them) and reminded me of the those days. One such shot, I made using a Welta folder (yes, I am totally retro. The Welta is much older than I am) about 7 years ago on Kodak film.:)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Carl, As I said above, that was a recent shot taken with a G1.

Yes, I have a few shots with the Topcoflex as well (colors are brilliant through that cam). Rollei, I have never owned one for some reason or other.

Incidentally, I have the wide and tele converters for the Primo Jr ("super 35" format) as well.

Sorry about the confusion.

I like your result. Why I added a shot that I thought will fit in yours (or rather the nostalgia).

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yeah, I am, Keith. But I should have worded this carefully (I was asking "Hot" to write clearly in another thread. :eek:). This isn't my son. It is a recent shot with G1. This boy (his father has caught a pigeon to show him) just barely can walk (mine was running around chasing them) and reminded me of the those days. One such shot, I made using a Welta folder (yes, I am totally retro. The Welta is much older than I am) about 7 years ago on Kodak film.:)
My problem with the communication - you must be proud of this image

Keith

scho

Carl, have you compared it to the 40mm Nokton...I have that one but never tried the 50mm...just wondering...
Don
Don,

I also have the 40mm Nokton which is much smaller and lighter, but I prefer the smoother bokeh of the 50mm Nokton. The 50 is also sharper wide open.

Carl