Site Sponsors

Thread: Underwater housing for G1?

Post Thanks / Like

Underwater housing for G1?

Anyone have experience with, or know of an underwater housing that would fit the G1/GH1, probably with just the 7-14 lens? Just something that could go down to 10' in shallow pools and not for scuba diving, even a soft variety of case but the ones I know are too small.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Underwater housing for G1?

There is nothing listed there, and Ewa-Marine does not list G1 for any of their bags that I can tell, but I assume this little camera will fit into some of them - I was just asking if anyone knew of any models of this or any other brand underwater housing would fit the camera. Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Ewa Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ernst View Post
    There is nothing listed there, and Ewa-Marine does not list G1 for any of their bags that I can tell, but I assume this little camera will fit into some of them - I was just asking if anyone knew of any models of this or any other brand underwater housing would fit the camera. Thanks...
    The link I posted sends you to Ewa Marine's page that opens after selecting a camera model - it seems to revert to 0 after being inactive for a while, as many search pages seem to do.
    This:
    http://www.ewa-marine.de
    will obviously take you to their home page. Please look to the left where you'll find a link that says "find a housing for your camera" - shouldn't be too hard typing in Lumix G1.
    You did in fact ask for, and I quote:
    "Just something that could go down to 10' in shallow pools and not for scuba diving, even a soft variety of case but the ones I know are too small."
    According to Ewa Marine, the model you need is the U-A: (for the moment) this the link:
    http://www.ewa-marine.de/index.php?i...c%20DMC-G1&L=0
    As far as HARD underwater housings, for the moment no-one has made one specifically for this model AFAIK.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Underwater housing for G1?

Guess I'm just a dumb-*** as you have pointed out - when I typed in Gh1 into their search engine it showed nothing. Thanks for your help...

I'm still wondering if anyone has used an underwater housing with the G1/GH1? Thanks for any info...