The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with English lenses

arri

Here a sample made with the Dallmeyer Rareac 1" F1.9 the unknown successor of the Super Six and an angle of view of 55°. The Super Six has only 45°

arri

And another one, a Dallmeyer Cine 1" F1.9 Not a Super Six, this lens were made for a 9.5mm movie film camera and is a Zeiss Tessar copy

arri

Hakkalo, A request.

If you have, could you give some information on a Cooke Anastigmat 1" f/2.7 lens c-mount lens?

Specifically, how many elements/groups construction it is?

I bought one recently, took it apart and cleaned all the visible surfaces from the two halves. This has reduced the flare dramatically but still the lens overall is not crystal clear. That is why this question.

Thanks!
Hi Vivek, the Cooke is a triplet but I´am not really sure if it has four or three elements but it has three groups. Most of these lenses are dialyt systems, means only single elements, nothing cemented. It is a simple design but for the angle of view and the speed enough for a good lens.

hakkalo

Here a sample made with the Dallmeyer Rareac 1" F1.9 the unknown successor of the Super Six and an angle of view of 55°. The Super Six has only 45°
1" F1.9 Rareac is extremely rare :eek: Can you show the picture of it:D

arri

Ok, here´s a picture of my Rareac lens, "nomen est omen" it is really a rare lens, of this 1" lenses are only a few pre production lenses were made. Only the longer Oscillo Rareac lenses go into the market.
I know only three of this lenses in the moment. All alike of it is that this lenses don´t having a helicoil, so I made my own one for it, I turn a large M35x3x4pitch thread for the extension, at the rear a c-mount thread 1" 32p/in, mounting all together in a M4/3 c-mount adapter. The three pins are for a better handling because the helix is to short for it. It were needed to make a relative large helix because I have to sunk the lens deep into it to get the infinity position. Now I can focus the lens in a range between infinity-0.3m
A lot of work but I guess this lens is it worth. The lens is so rare that only a few of us knowing it, the Dallmeyer Super Six is much more famous but the Rareac is much better. The lens covers the full sensor of the M4/3 and the Sony NEX sensor in 16:9 mode with only 1mm dark corners. A wonderful gem.

hakkalo

Ok, here´s a picture of my Rareac lens, "nomen est omen" it is really a rare lens, of this 1" lenses are only a few pre production lenses were made. Only the longer Oscillo Rareac lenses go into the market.
I know only three of this lenses in the moment. All alike of it is that this lenses don´t having a helicoil, so I made my own one for it, I turn a large M35x3x4pitch thread for the extension, at the rear a c-mount thread 1" 32p/in, mounting all together in a M4/3 c-mount adapter. The three pins are for a better handling because the helix is to short for it. It were needed to make a relative large helix because I have to sunk the lens deep into it to get the infinity position. Now I can focus the lens in a range between infinity-0.3m
A lot of work but I guess this lens is it worth. The lens is so rare that only a few of us knowing it, the Dallmeyer Super Six is much more famous but the Rareac is much better. The lens covers the full sensor of the M4/3 and the Sony NEX sensor in 16:9 mode with only 1mm dark corners. A wonderful gem.
Thank you very much.
What a beautiful rare lens:thumbs:Much better than my ugly Dalmac:ROTFL:

BTW I reckon you also own a Septac:salute:

arri

Thank you very much.
What a beautiful rare lens:thumbs:Much better than my ugly Dalmac:ROTFL:

BTW I reckon you also own a Septac:salute:
Do you have a photo of your Dalmac? I hope it is not one of the two ones I rehoused for Leica M39 a couple of years ago, but I don´t thing that this lenses were ugly:confused:

hakkalo

Do you have a photo of your Dalmac? I hope it is not one of the two ones I rehoused for Leica M39 a couple of years ago, but I don´t thing that this lenses were ugly:confused:
Here you are:ROTFL:

I think this one originally for B/W Television camera of 1960s:toocool: